SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-10-08, 06:20 PM   #1
Kylie

Default Recommend me a track day cam?

2nd ever trackday in 10 days time. Thinking I should get a camera and get some video on youtube. Don't have much cash mind but hoping some noddy flash based all in one bullet cam won't break the bank.

Something that would give me a video like:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5cxAXoh_N4

Any of the cheap ones up to the job?
Old 09-10-08, 06:46 PM   #2
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: Recommend me a track day cam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
2nd ever trackday in 10 days time. Thinking I should get a camera and get some video on youtube. Don't have much cash mind but hoping some noddy flash based all in one bullet cam won't break the bank.

Something that would give me a video like:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5cxAXoh_N4

Any of the cheap ones up to the job?

I bet he used less throttle there next lap

The consensus is if you want good quality, but still on the cheap, you need to budget ~£150.

TO be honest, this topic has been done to death several times already ... a search for bullet cams should source you wall the info you need - and then some

This is the sort of dismal footage you can expect form an All-in-one ... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s10zexZa4Kk ... it really is barely worth the electrons!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 09-10-08 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-10-08, 06:58 PM   #3
FG1

I have a Panasonic SDR S10 and an Evotech tank mounted bracket.
It works a treat and films through a tinted screen ok.
I have just had a look on E Bay and there are a few about, some refurbished.
I like it becaust it is small and neat. Records straight on to SD card. It is showerproof.
I am in West Drayton so if you want to take a look at the set up and the quality just give me a call. I will pm my number.
Old 09-10-08, 08:24 PM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

I'm quite interested in the new ATC3K, supposed to have cured the wobbly images and includes a screen, but it's not really cheap enough, and now it's quite bulky too. I was very pleased with my JXD/bullet cam combo, for just under £200, but then I killed the JXD unit by squashing it in Stuartyboy's underseat storage. At least, I think that's what did it. £70 down the drain
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 08:41 PM   #5
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
I'm quite interested in the new ATC3K, supposed to have cured the wobbly images and includes a screen, but it's not really cheap enough, and now it's quite bulky too. I was very pleased with my JXD/bullet cam combo, for just under £200, but then I killed the JXD unit by squashing it in Stuartyboy's underseat storage. At least, I think that's what did it. £70 down the drain
I think you mean ATC5K

And although the resolution is a lot better than the old versions, its still got a shoddy update rate and vibration/image stabilization problems i.e. 'wavy frame' ...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e5YHrU8DWhc
Old 09-10-08, 10:20 PM   #6
northwind
Mega Poster

Praps I do. There's a 2.5K or somesuch as well, an uprated 2K. Still doesn't look very good though.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-08, 11:49 PM   #7
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG1 View Post
I have a Panasonic SDR S10 and an Evotech tank mounted bracket.
It works a treat and films through a tinted screen ok.
I have just had a look on E Bay and there are a few about, some refurbished.
I like it becaust it is small and neat. Records straight on to SD card. It is showerproof.
I am in West Drayton so if you want to take a look at the set up and the quality just give me a call. I will pm my number.
They were selling them cheap in Argos about a mnth or so ago. Might still have some.