SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 11-10-08, 10:35 AM   #1
Warthog

Default I'm back!

Finally got my chain done! I spent 40 mins chatting and waiting at the garage, then the guy took my bike and riveted my chain and adjusted it in about 4 minutes and said it was free of charge! So well done Dave Clarke Motorcycles of Oxford, that's the kind of price I like!

On the way home, it felt like a new bike! it was so much smoother, didn't clonk and slap when I was going slow, gear changes were smoother, and I can slip it into neutral without having to rev the bike to 4000 revs like I used to have to! On top of that, it was a lovely sunny day, and I now realise just how awesome the sv engine is compared to the CBR600F I tried (sadly I realise how crap my brakes are, I think I need braided hoses).

So in summary: I'M BACK!

(Although I am not actually back as Kate's parents arrive in 30 minutes and so I have to stay with them for the rest of the weekend )
Old 11-10-08, 02:22 PM   #2
Stig

Default Re: I'm back!

Nothing wrong with brakes mate. Get some steel lines and some HH sintered pads and you'll be fine. I'm known for riding rather a bit only on one wheel. Well yesterday I did rather a lot of braking on only one wheel.
Old 11-10-08, 05:18 PM   #3
Warthog

Default Re: I'm back!

Hehe did you do a stoppie?!
The cbr600f had braided hoses, and it was really easy to stop quickly. Now I can see how people lock up the front on their bikes. I could never lock the front on mine, you have to squeeze majorly hard just to stop fairly quickly. I think the lines are swelling and flexing.