SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 21-11-08, 08:44 AM   #1
cuffy

Default It's goodbye from me and it's goodbye from him.

I’m usually not one to get embroiled in forum politics or any serious discussions as I think life is too short to worry about things you can’t change, but over the last few months this place has taken a turn for the worse.
I’d say 95% of my posts were either joke related or a pi$$ take, not in a malicious way I hasten to add.
But here’s my 2 penneth worth!

Biker Billy has now been served with a ban because of the views he had over Neio’s ban.
What the hell is going on?

Now I’m not trolling or looking for the rights or wrongs of others opinions, but in some of the original threads people have put across valid points and total bull****.

Quote fizz:
Quote:
1. Neio has already served 1 Ban for breaking forum rules ( he told a moderator to go and "F*ck yourself you st*pid c*nt" so already not in my good books.

That is total hog ****, it was a mod’s other half he had a dispute with, so in their eyes that constituted a ban. Rightly or wrongly but that is the fact.

Quote:
2. I discover via the grapevine that Neio has admited that his soul purpose of using the forum is to disrupt it and cause trouble and he gives not one t*ss about any of us that do use the forum. Remember this under another guise could be classed as trolling.

As for this “grapevine” bollox, if we all believed what we heard from rumour mongers we’d still believe that Lord Lucan was riding Shergar and that Elvis really is alive.
Again this is complete bollox.

Quote:
3. He then waits for a contoversial thread to be started and then wades in with his admitedly strong viewpoints he doesnt back off and keeps pushing his point.

Because someone has an outspoken view on a topic he/she will get flamed for it, what’s that old adage, “sticks and stones”
Jesus Christ. We’re all adults and if people can’t stand criticism or disagree with people’s analysis on threads then just ignore it.
OK, it’s a “U” rated forum, how many under age people post on here? None.
We’re all subjected to profanities in an everyday environment be it at work, pub or where ever, it’s modern society, you’ll never change it.

Quote Ed:
Quote:
Neil has strong views on a range of subjects and he doesn't care if they offend people. I think that we ought to learn something from that. You can't walk on eggshells all the time.
Well said that man.

Isn’t that what a forum is about? Expressing your opinion? Maybe rocking the apple cart once in a while?
It’s turning into a form of totalitarianism, a repression of civil liberties.
In my eyes too many threads are becoming heavily modded, if you’re slightly out of the box and non conforming your opinion doesn’t mean jack ****.

There are some fantastic people on this forum with a knowledge base that is second to none, there also others you take an instant dislike too even though you have never met them, yes it’s wrong to stereotype an individual when they’ve never been met face to face but we all do it.
I should imagine some people have the same outlook of me, do I give a damn? No!
It’s a virtual world where half of the members on here will never meet. Get a grasp on reality people.
Where ever you go or do you will always meet candid people with antagonistic attitude, it’s what makes life interesting.

If you don’t like what’s being said then ignore it, if you do reply and you don’t like the response then ignore it. Simple as.
Should we ban all the drivel posters and the attention wh0res?
They get on my tits big time, but do I get m knickers in a twist about it? No. I do the above and choose to ignore them.

I have no doubt in my mind that this thread will also be locked/deleted at some point during the day because it will cause offence to the moderating team.
But for once in my forum life I actually wanted to post a serious topic.

On a final note:
I have had the pleasure of meeting both of the above parties and I would class them as good friends. Just because they caused disruption to the forum they shouldn’t be judged by there actions.
Billy would like to say goodbye and farewell to all the friends he has made on here, and I will do the same. I’ll mind my **** on the way out of the door, I wish the forum all best for the future.
Ride safe.

Cuffy.

Old 21-11-08, 08:53 AM   #2
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default Re: It's goodbye from me and it's goodbye from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffy View Post
Biker Billy has now been served with a ban because of the views he had over Neio’s ban.
i would have imagined he was banned not because of his views but because he wouldn't shut up about it and instead of staying awake every waking hour to prune the crap that resulted of repeated posts it was easier to simply make him go away for a few days

at the end of the day it's not our forum, the owner and mods are entitled to keep it how they want, i've been a long-standing member of many forums and i've also been banned from a couple, knowing when to shut up and leave isn't difficult...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
Old 21-11-08, 08:53 AM   #3
keithd

or you could have just gone without saying and all the melodramitics above

all the best

Old 21-11-08, 08:54 AM   #4
kitkat

to all those that are leaving - see ya

Old 21-11-08, 08:58 AM   #5
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Anyone else a bit bored of this is woohaa over the Neio escapade???
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Old 21-11-08, 09:01 AM   #6
arenalife

It's always sad when upset leads to members leaving. It is just the internet though, don't let it eat you up mate.

Old 21-11-08, 09:02 AM   #7
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arenalife View Post
It's always sad when upset leads to members leaving. It is just the internet though, don't let it eat you up mate.
What he said.

Old 21-11-08, 09:02 AM   #8
Stig

Can we have a dedicated thread for all those leaving? Means I can just ignore all of it.

Old 21-11-08, 09:03 AM   #9
Quedos

typically - i get my head down at work and miss all the fun

oh well i'll have a quick trawl and bring myself up to date.

shame people feel they have to leave other the actions of another but hey thats life we'll live!

as a BTW Cuffy - what about the rest of us who may glean pleasure from your posts what did we do to deserve you going?

Old 21-11-08, 09:06 AM   #10
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos View Post
typically - i get my head down at work and miss all the fun

oh well i'll have a quick trawl and bring myself up to date.

shame people feel they have to leave other the actions of another but hey thats life we'll live!

as a BTW Cuffy - what about the rest of us who may glean pleasure from your posts what did we do to deserve you going?
+1, hardly been on for the past month,looks like I missed all the fun.

Closed Thread