SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-12-08, 07:55 PM   #1
hovis

Default workless household......

Amazing story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7746174.stm

They are actually trying to make you feel sorry for the skiving cow

they only get £270 a week to spend, for doing NOTHING!

lucky the've got a free council flat..... maybe we should have a whip round for them ?
Old 02-12-08, 08:16 PM   #2
600+

Default Re: workless household......

read it and started wondering why do I bother doing 12hr days and they haven't worked EVER???!!!!

scum of the earth!!! "pannic attacks" my A$$!!!!

reminds me of the Ali G show with the DJ claiming cause he strained his finger LOL
Old 02-12-08, 08:19 PM   #3
Speedy Claire

Words fail me
Old 02-12-08, 08:20 PM   #4
zsv650

i'd be ashamed of myself if i didnt work relying on other people to bail me out no chance got more pride than that.
Old 02-12-08, 08:22 PM   #5
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650 View Post
i'd be ashamed of myself if i didnt work relying on other people to bail me out
+ 1, unfortunately some people know how to abuse the system.
Old 02-12-08, 09:00 PM   #6
amnesia

You know what?

Anyone on the dole / income support / whatever should do a bit of community service to 'EARN' their money.

I am not talking about working for a living, but a few hours a week doing things to benefit their community. No community service - no money. Get your backside out of bed and get some pride...

Draconian? Maybe, but I can't help but feel more this way.
Old 02-12-08, 09:03 PM   #7
ArtyLady

At the risk of playing devils advocate here, whilst I appreciate that many of us are fortunate enough to work/have worked etc, this family seem to be from a pretty deprived area (Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong).

Some terrible things have happened in her life and now her and her son suffer from panic attacks. I have first hand experience of panic attacks brought on by post traumatic stress and I know how debilitating they can be.

How is she going to get work if people are being laid off in the current financial climate? Does anybody care that she has been doing one of the most important jobs there is and that is bringing up children? I actually feel sorry for her and her kids because they may not actually be able to get work however hard they try.

Of course there are ways to change your fortunes - but as she admits herself she is not very bright.
Old 02-12-08, 09:07 PM   #8
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

i like working sometimes. Sometimes when i see half the dossers on the street that never work, I wish I wasn't. But in this current climate, there is going to be a whole boat load of us out of work, and not be able to help it.

Would you call them a dosser? would you flame them for sitting around depressed cause they can't find work?
There is a difference i know. Some know how to work the system. Makes me sick those who do, but you can't tar all of em with the same brush.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 09:11 PM   #9
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
i like working sometimes. Sometimes when i see half the dossers on the street that never work, I wish I wasn't. But in this current climate, there is going to be a whole boat load of us out of work, and not be able to help it.

Would you call them a dosser? would you flame them for sitting around depressed cause they can't find work?
There is a difference i know. Some know how to work the system. Makes me sick those who do, but you can't tar all of em with the same brush.
This is interesting
Old 02-12-08, 09:15 PM   #10
madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
You know what?

Anyone on the dole / income support / whatever should do a bit of community service to 'EARN' their money.

I am not talking about working for a living, but a few hours a week doing things to benefit their community. No community service - no money. Get your backside out of bed and get some pride...

Draconian? Maybe, but I can't help but feel more this way.
I totally agree. Why should we pay them for sitting on their backsides when there's litter on the streets, graffiti on bus shelters and walls and pensioners gardens overgrown by weeds. We're too soft in this country and politicians are gutless, they're scared to upset anybody.