SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-03-09, 05:41 PM   #1
xXBADGERXx

Default Running like a sack of Poo

Went to the Wirral Egg Run today and bike was fine until we decided to stop for food . Was about to pull into a car park and the bike stalled , fired her up again and had to give it a bit of gas to get her into the car park . It`s a K3 SV650s . The Idle speed was quite high so I adjusted that down a touch when I got to the car park as well . Once the bike had cooled down she seemed to be ok and the run home was fine . I popped into work to do an hours overtime and she was fine leaving work , I refuelled and as soon as I started her she stalled .

Managed to get her going and gave it some gas and she seemed fine until I got to a set of lights near home , it seemed like she was running on one Cylinder and was popping and spitting . Got her home and let her cool down for a bit and then went outside to check her over . She fired up and went into fast Idle as usual and when she went to normal Idle I made sure it was set to 1300 rpm , the thing is now , when I raise the revs to about 2k to 3k she seems fine for a second then cuts , the lights dim a fraction , she picks up again and can randomly cut out of start chugging like a bastage and the Idle drops to around 1000 ...... any ideas ?
Old 29-03-09, 05:43 PM   #2
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Re: Running like a sack of Poo

You didnt put diesal in her did you ... sounds familiar to an experience I had with a Ford Focus this week LOL
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-09, 05:44 PM   #3
xXBADGERXx

No , she has had fuel from 2 different stations today though , she was fine on the first tank til about halfway down that one , have ridden that tank away and refilled with fuel again on the way home , Is definately Unleaded
Old 29-03-09, 05:59 PM   #4
xXBADGERXx

Just read the Suzuki manual and am starting to think that maybe my Throttle Position Sensor might need adjusting as the bike was a tad Jerky today when opening the throttle at low speeds ..... sound about right ?
Old 29-03-09, 06:10 PM   #5
genesismike

can you isolate the fault to either one of the cylinders. Thinking plug , lead or coil playing up. Are all the connections on the coil clean a and
Old 29-03-09, 06:10 PM   #6
genesismike

and secure
Old 29-03-09, 06:14 PM   #7
xXBADGERXx

Not at the moment mate , the light is failing fast outside .......... Bike runs fine when on Idle though and when it is over 4k on the road it was just groovy . I will buy new plugs tomorrow anyway and fit them as they really need doing anyway , It`s when it is held around the late 2-3k mark , which I am led to belive , is where the ECU tells the pump to whack more fuel in . I am starting to think TPS here .
Old 29-03-09, 06:20 PM   #8
genesismike

those sort of things are normally quite robust. Usually something minor. What were you using when cleaning the other day.
Old 29-03-09, 06:22 PM   #9
Alpinestarhero

Inspect the TPS anyway; there is a thread on this forum about TPS adjustment to improve low down throttle response. Search for that.

Also, maybe you can try some sort of fuel additive for clenaing injectors, just incase something gummy is in there...

check for pinched hoses, all that.
Old 29-03-09, 06:22 PM   #10
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
Just read the Suzuki manual and am starting to think that maybe my Throttle Position Sensor might need adjusting as the bike was a tad Jerky today when opening the throttle at low speeds ..... sound about right ?
TPS & throttle body balance will cause the issues you've said. As will dodgy plugs (I bet a shiny welsh penny the front one looks like it's been detonated when you pull it out).

Dealer service mode to see if there's anything major going on.