SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-05-09, 11:37 AM   #1
andyb

Default friend has a car accident - advice needed please

Guy I work with son (Will just call him 'The son') had a car accident yesterday when another car hit him from behind as he approached a roundabout. The car who hit 'the son' is saying that 'the son' stopped and then reversed into him. 'The son' has two witnesses that work at the same establishment as he does (huge place and he doesnt know them). The insurance company say he can't use those witnesses as they work at the same company as him...is this right? Do you think we're talking 50/50 here or worse???
Old 07-05-09, 11:40 AM   #2
Jamiebridges123

Default Re: friend has a car accident - advice needed please

A witness is a witness, surely... and how's the damage? Blatantly if your friends cars back end is all stoved it, the guy that hit him was travelling a fair lick anyway.

Fight it, that's BS..
Old 07-05-09, 11:40 AM   #3
Stig

That's rubbish. Of course they can be witnesses. And that excuse is as old as the hills. He reversed into me, honest he did.
Old 07-05-09, 11:41 AM   #4
Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig_Of_The_Dump View Post
That's rubbish. Of course they can be witnesses. And that excuse is as old as the hills. He reversed into me, honest he did.
exactly cos we all do that on roundabouts

i would challenge that
Old 07-05-09, 11:44 AM   #5
Paws

Challenge it, sounds like the guys that hit him are one of these that will pull an insurance scam!
Old 07-05-09, 11:46 AM   #6
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
Guy I work with son (Will just call him 'The son') had a car accident yesterday when another car hit him from behind as he approached a roundabout. The car who hit 'the son' is saying that 'the son' stopped and then reversed into him. 'The son' has two witnesses that work at the same establishment as he does (huge place and he doesnt know them). The insurance company say he can't use those witnesses as they work at the same company as him...is this right? Do you think we're talking 50/50 here or worse???
Oldest trick in the book that one! Get a good solicitor onto it.
Old 07-05-09, 11:47 AM   #7
missyburd

So what if they work in the same company, they may never have spoken to each other before! Absolute poppyc0ck, if they can give an account of the collision then they should be fully entitled to act as witnesses, definitely challenge them. Hope the fella's ok.
Old 07-05-09, 11:49 AM   #8
Paws

Right just checked with my complience manager ( i work for a ins co ), and his insurers are talking rubbish, his work mates can be a witness, hes to ask them (the insurers) what regulations they are using to say that the work mates cant be witnessess. Plus normally when you are rear ennded its the driver that hit you from behinds fault.
Any q's pm me and i will try and help as much as poss
Old 07-05-09, 11:51 AM   #9
Holdup

That is a lot of BS, course they can be witnesses, end of the day if they are lieing its fraud thus illegal and punishable
Old 07-05-09, 11:54 AM   #10
andyb

Cheers Paws, appreciate you finding that out. I may end up PM'ing you depending on how the next telephone conversation goes with the ins co.

He's fine, was driving a classic mini so looks worse than it is!!!