SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 25-05-09, 06:34 PM   #1
Bluewolf

Default Decent servicing around Doncaster?

Just as it says really. My K4 pointy is due a 31K service and as far as I know (feel free to correct me though) it's a biggie with valve clearances and suchlike?

I had a basic service done by Team Roberts in Conisborough last year (don't look like that, I didn't have any tools at the time ) but since they're a Trumpet garage I figured it might make more sense to have it done at a Suzuki place. I've tried e-mailing SMC on three separate occasions over the past year and they've never got back to me. I'm a great believer in customer service (i.e. a stupid, stubborn old goat) so fook 'em, they're not getting my custom.

Anyone else you'd recommend peeps? I'm also relatively new around here and could get lost in the back garden on a sunny day so links and maps would be muchly appreciated.
Old 25-05-09, 08:26 PM   #2
ThEGr33k

Default Re: Decent servicing around Doncaster?

Well if your willing to ride over to Barnsley area then I know an indipendant that could do it. Not so easy perhaps though due to distance

I know there is Cusworths. They are pretty big, theysell Suzuki's, at least im 90% sure they did. Maybe they have down sized since I last went Or im confusing the damn dealer. ha ha.

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 25-05-09 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-06-09, 07:43 PM   #3
Bluewolf

Cheers man, got it booked in to Cusworths on Wednesday morning. Hopefully it's just the valve clearances to blame for the loss in power at 3.5K and the surging...

Well, since I'll be shelling out the thick end of £350 for this they'd BETTER find out what's causing it!
Old 02-06-09, 06:44 AM   #4
ThEGr33k

If i had to guess id say throttle body need ballancing. Can cause that sort of issue.

Have to have a meet up at J&S for bacon butties then go out for a ride some time maybe.

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 02-06-09 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-06-09, 06:43 AM   #5
Bluewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
If i had to guess id say throttle body need ballancing. Can cause that sort of issue.
Aye, thought it might be something like that, I had the throttle bodies replaced after two years because of the surging (blardy terrifying at times ) Hopefully it's an easy fix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
Have to have a meet up at J&S for bacon butties then go out for a ride some time maybe.
Sounds good to me

Although I do think the little wagon at J&S aren't really taking the whole "biker-caff" thing seriously. Their food is delicious, the tea and coffee smooth and tasty and the whole lot is extremely well-priced. Don't they realise the average biker is used to greasy butties, manky tea and extortionate prices..? Honestly, they really should have done some market research before turning out a palatable brekkie bun that doesn't repeat on you until February...