SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 04-06-09, 06:14 PM   #1
Brettus

Default Another shortish rideout?

Dunno how many are of the same opinion (hence the thread really)
But I really enjoyed the Buxton chippy run, it was a nice length, not the whole day taken up with just that (not that that is a bad thing of course!) but most of us have wives or family or just other things we need to do at a weekend so a half/2 thirds day ride is perfect. Anyone else of the same opinion?

I don't really know of any decent routes so I can't plan such an event should others be in favour but I'm sure some of you have suggestions if it is popular.

I do have my own agenda for such an idea, I want to try out my new exhaust on a rideout but without going to Wales, would rather get some use out of it before I get slapped with an idiot fine and rectification notice

On the other hand, if I'm in the minority then there's no problem, I'll take my chances at some point venturing into Wales just wondered anyway.

Take it away or let it fade into obsolescence
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 06:29 PM   #2
MR UKI (1)

Default Re: Another shortish rideout?

Yes, I am sharing your thoughts. I was driving to Northwich the other day (down the nice country backroads) and was thinking of a shortish Cheshire Peaks and Plains ride. Got a rough route in mind, starting in Macc, doing A54 to the Cat N Fiddle, down the Cat to Macclesfield, country back roads to Northwich (J&S stop off) then back roads past Tatton Park through the tunnels at Manchester Airport (nice with a number of SVs running through) and past the edge at Alderley Edge back to Macc. Anybody be interested?

Couldnt find a bike one, but this a vid of Ferrari through the tunnels
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuCnIOQdEW8

Last edited by MR UKI (1); 04-06-09 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-06-09, 06:42 PM   #3
Brettus

Liking the idea of a tunnel hehe sounds like a nice route, its a shame J&S don't do refreshments, I'm sure they'd make a killing!
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 06:46 PM   #4
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettus View Post
Liking the idea of a tunnel hehe sounds like a nice route, its a shame J&S don't do refreshments, I'm sure they'd make a killing!
Refreshments is the only problem I see so far with the route, can't think of many places suitable. There's a few places in Northwich near J&S (McD's, chippies etc) about same distance as we walked for food in Buxton and a Co-Op right opposite the possible start/finish. Although there are several nice country pubs (orange juice or coke of course) which could be a refreshment stop.
Old 04-06-09, 06:50 PM   #5
Baph

What will be a couple of hours on the bike for you lot will be early out of bed & a long day for me...

So... where are we going?
Old 04-06-09, 06:54 PM   #6
MR UKI (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
What will be a couple of hours on the bike for you lot will be early out of bed & a long day for me...

So... where are we going?
Couple of laps of Anglesey?
Old 05-06-09, 08:52 AM   #7
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Mr UKI that is a great idea, an unusual route. Please state where and when, I'll try to be there!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 10:23 AM   #8
AndyL

Sounds good to me too. I will be there (date dependent).
Old 05-06-09, 10:24 AM   #9
amnesia

You know, I might even get off my fat behind and grace you with my presence.

The A54 / Cat are roads I am quite familiar with. Also consider a run past rudyard lake - nice photo opportunity
Old 05-06-09, 12:26 PM   #10
MR UKI (1)

Righto, I shall put some thought into it, smooth out the rough edges and do a recce before reporting back on mileage, stops and i'll attempt to put a map up . I know Glencoe Massacre is looming so maybe between that and the AR for the ride? The sections between Macc and Northwich and Northwich back to Macc via Alderley are 90-95% twisty and quiet B-roads through some of Cheshire's rolling countryside