SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 06-07-09, 07:31 PM   #1
Cazza

Default Annual Track Day Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
I have a feeling the Cazza did ask MSC re group discounts n stuff just cos i know how good she is at these kind of things...
Hmmm... well, it's very kind of you to have faith in my organisational abilities.

However, at the time of booking I didn't really feel that asking them for a discount, because there was a huge group of 2 of us, would have really swung it.

As you say though, worth an ask in the future.

I shall make it my mission to keep an eye out for 2010 fixtures. I do like the idea of an 'annual trackday' that we know loads of people will come along to.
Old 06-07-09, 07:56 PM   #2
chris8886
Mega Poster

Default Re: Brands Hatch (Indy) - Thursday 2nd July

that definately is a good idea an annual TD!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-09, 09:44 AM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

from a small bunch of us stamping our feet and saying "I wanna be at Brands again already!" we seem to have grown this into an actual idea that may seriously work and appeal to lots of Orgers.

I'd like the Annual Trackday, if we ever do have one, to be at Brands. Thats my personal preference. Anyone else who likes this idea have a preference or think it should be a different location every year like the AR is. Be good to have an AR and an AT tho
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-09, 09:50 AM   #4
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
from a small bunch of us stamping our feet and saying "I wanna be at Brands again already!" we seem to have grown this into an actual idea that may seriously work and appeal to lots of Orgers.

I'd like the Annual Trackday, if we ever do have one, to be at Brands. Thats my personal preference. Anyone else who likes this idea have a preference or think it should be a different location every year like the AR is. Be good to have an AR and an AT tho
definatly - the ride to a differant track would itself be an awesome thing, and the chance to snap pictures of everyone at other tracks (.org over the mountain at cadwell? yeeaaaa!) would be brilliant
Old 07-07-09, 03:08 PM   #5
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:

silverstone! my favourite and not as crazily expensive as brands.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-09, 08:08 PM   #6
Red Herring
Mega Poster

If enough of us got together we could actually cut out the middle man and hire the circuit ourselves. That way we wouldn't have to put up with being organized into groups with complete strangers of questionable ability, (just into groups of friends with questionable ability instead...) Alternatively we approach an established organizer like Focused events and book an entire group off them (so there would be a fast group, a novice/intermediate group, and the .org group)
I've done both in the past, the plus side of having the whole day to yourself is you don't have to run to any schedule, ie ride when and with whom you like, the down side is you do need lots of mates..... The disadvantage of booking an entire group is you will have lots of mixed abilities in there, but if you're all mates that isn't usually a problem.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-09, 08:19 PM   #7
Demonz

Quote:

The thing I like with brands is it appeals to broad levels and facilities are good. Also an easy circuit to learn so not exhausting. Plus the night before worked well I thought, and breaky. A lot of these are restricted to mid week as well so journey times suit the locals. Otherwise it'd need to be s weekend circuit which are few And far between plus tend to price higher.
Old 07-07-09, 09:36 PM   #8
Cazza

Okay people, some interesting ideas here, maybe hold on for a short while before posting any more...

I've PMd Fizz to see if we can have posts # 532 onwards transferred into a new "Annual Trackday - discussion" thread so that the wider Org can see and join in.
Old 11-07-09, 06:18 PM   #9
Demonz

I am a doofus.

I got to pull the carbs to bits tonight to work out why I had no power. Found my problem. In my haste to get them back together after cleaning them I had not seated the diaphrams properly so both were pinched and pistons not opening. I decided to read the manual this time and got it right.... Beginners mistake
Old 11-07-09, 06:36 PM   #10
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonz View Post
I am a doofus.

I got to pull the carbs to bits tonight to work out why I had no power. Found my problem. In my haste to get them back together after cleaning them I had not seated the diaphrams properly so both were pinched and pistons not opening. I decided to read the manual this time and got it right.... Beginners mistake
least its sorted

what about the fluid leaking?