SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 12-08-09, 07:15 PM   #1
lazymanc

Default K3 Pointy Engine, 13.5k, needs casings swapped (spares included)

Bit of a back story on this one, honesty is the best policy n' that -

Short(ish) version:
My bike was stolen back in Jan, and in the course of repairing the (mostly cosmetic) damage they did, I managed to drop the bike off the stand with no wheels on it and snap off the oil filter mounting bolt. Before this accident I had had the engine running a couple of times and been up and down through the gearbox and there were no problems, everything sounded sweet.

After various suggestions of liquid metal repairs, I gave in and ended up buying a replacement engine to get me back on the road quicker. I also bought a spare set of engine casings off here to rebuild the original engine with when I got around to it (£350+ P&P for the replacement engine and £70+ P&P for the crank casings).

I've now decided that I don't really have the skill or the time to rebuild the engine myself, so I'm offering it for sale here with the spare set of casings. The engine is missing the following parts which I needed to transplant into my replacement one:
* all the hoses
* starter motor
* starter clutch
* gear position sensor
* generator (flywheel / rotor)
* generator cover

I do have a spare clutch cover which I can include, but it will need new seals in the water pump, plus a clean & respray due to paint peeling.

Ideally i'd like to sell the whole lot together for £250, collect only (at a push I can deliver within 20 miles of Manchester).

I'm reluctant to break the engine for parts but may do so if there is no interest in it as a whole.

Long version + pics of the damage:
Theft: http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=128966
Oops: http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=129684

I can take some more pics of the engine itself if required, but it's in the shed at the minute so it'll have to wait until the weekend.
lazymanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-09, 07:22 AM   #2
Neeja

Default Re: K3 Pointy Engine, 13.5k, needs casings swapped (spares included)

If you do break it, I'd be interested in the cams.... *vulture*
Old 10-11-10, 03:31 AM   #3
Battman

I'd be really interested in the spare engine casings if your prepared to sell them seperatly. I do live in New Zealand though and would require you to post them. let me know if your interseted.
Cheers
Old 12-11-10, 07:48 PM   #4
lazymanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman View Post
I'd be really interested in the spare engine casings if your prepared to sell them seperatly. I do live in New Zealand though and would require you to post them. let me know if your interseted.
Cheers
Sorry mate this has long gone, sold on the forum about 6 months back in a different thread.
lazymanc is offline   Reply With Quote