SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-07-10, 09:42 PM   #1
rc mad

Default different take on the battery box mod.

Just been looking at the battery box thing. I fitted a shock to my curvy on sunday quite easily, well apart from not being able to remove the bolts holding the links, had to take the shock out the top as those bolts were not coming out, will have to sort that over winter.

Anyway onto the battery box, i was initially going to space the box down enough to clear things, but frankly it looks like crap, i didn't want to cut the battery box as from other posts there appears to be issues with seat clearances so i decided to go a slightly different route.

I've spaced the battery box down by 25mm, which is just enough to make the battery box clear the shock without cutting anything, along with that tomorrow i'm going to make this at work.

Its a new battery holder, moves the battery up by 80mm from the bottom of the battery box, the battery even looks like it'll clear the bottom of the seat with no mods. Will line the inside with foam and use a couple of cable ties to hold the battery in place.

Has anyone done this before with sucess? Can't see why it would not work, the last issue is the fusebox, may whip up a new holder for that too
Old 06-07-10, 11:11 PM   #2
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: different take on the battery box mod.

I just chop up a block of foam. Despite being "able" to TIG weld I'm all for simplicity
Old 07-07-10, 02:30 AM   #3
davepreston

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
I just chop up a block of foam. Despite being "able" to TIG weld I'm all for simplicity
with honnors
fixed for ya bruv

but would be interested in seeing the finished artical ,loads of pics please
Old 09-07-10, 06:35 PM   #4
rc mad

I was thinking of using some foam but don't have any available, steel and plastic theres tons of at work

It fits really well, and the battery seems secure enough, it is held in with cable ties after all

that's the battery finished, unless i can find a propper battery hold down strap somewhere.

Now to sort the r/r wiring. Never seen connectors that crusty in my life not a shred of good shiny metal anywhere, the contact must have been brilliiant