SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 17-03-11, 01:03 AM   #1
sv4me
Mega Poster

Default A novice day out....on track muahaha

Hi guys

I'm planning on getting across to Anglesey for the 1st time this spring/summer for a trackday. Having spoken to a few off here I know theres quite a few amongst us who haven't popped your track cherries yet so what better place to do it than on the coast at Anglesey.

Reason why i'm preferring Anglesey to Oulton is that they have weekend trackdays so means not having to take leave. Cheaper too (approx £100 compared to £150) and depending on who you speak to, is just as good a track as Oulton

So, would anyone be interested? Would be a good day out and you'd have fellow orgers to compare notes with if we could get a few novices together I think it would reduce the nervousness we all feel before our 1st time out on track

List of dates:
http://www.angleseycircuit.com/fixtu...ycle-trac-days

ps did a search on this and found a couple of threads from a year or 2 ago, don't think anything came of them though?
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-11, 04:41 PM   #2
Ian1971

Default Re: A novice day out....on track muahaha

Was supposed to be on a track day there 5th March but they rang up and cancelled it! Now booked up for Mallory Park on good Friday. If all goes well there when i pop me cherry!! maybe interested.
Old 17-03-11, 06:34 PM   #3
sv4me
Mega Poster

You've got just the bike for it

have fun at mallory, is a good place for your 1st time not too fast or technical. i'm there 27th May showing Neil Hodgson how to ride lol
Old 17-03-11, 06:37 PM   #4
barwel1992

i need to get on a track but no funds .... (need dyno first)
Old 17-03-11, 08:03 PM   #5
Specialone

My first TD was at mallory last year, before the resurface I must add, they have got rid of the big crack coming out of gerrards now

I like mallory, I like the fact spectators can get to all parts of the track.
Old 17-03-11, 08:16 PM   #6
christopher

I'll be tempted depending on dates, might look for a cheap B&B for the night before to save the 1½ hour ride there only to ride all day and back again.

And 2 cherries popped at Oulton the other month for me as you know... so will be hoping not to have a rerun of the first session
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-11, 10:30 PM   #7
Telford_Tim

Well..... I havent any leathers no money for fixing it if i come off and very little riding ability. If i was minted i would be in but as i'm not you will have to count me out. HOWEVER........... If you let me know the dates i may well pop along and do a photographic feature thread on here and if you want any prints doing you can just let me know

How close to the track could i get do you think? What dates r you thinking of???
Old 17-03-11, 11:26 PM   #8
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

I wasn't overly impressed with Mallory and it deffo rates as my bottom track out of Oulton, Anglesey and Mallory.

Anglesey is great for a 1st track day as it's mahoosively wide and not as technical as the other 2 (in my opinion).

OK I binned it on my 1st trackday, however that didn't detract from the enjoyment on the day, in fact it meant I ticked every single box...no chicken strips, no hero blobs, knee down and an off!
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-11, 01:11 AM   #9
sv4me
Mega Poster

Right bit more info for those interested

Some possible dates
  1. Sunday 24th April - £109
  2. Saturday 21st May - £139
  3. Sunday 19th June - £109
  4. Friday 15th July - £109
  5. Saturday 16th July - £139
  6. Friday 22nd July - £109
  7. Sunday 31st July - £119
As you can see the saturdays are the most expensive, fridays and sundays look favourable. I'm liking the sound of 19th June at the minute but would go with what the majority can do

@Christopher: yeah would definitely be staying over the night before, either B&B or camping it up

@Tim: leathers would be an issue! Bullcrap you've got plenty of ability. As long as you start off steady theres not really much to riding on track, no pressure in the novices......but if you saw chris' bike after his little 'mishap' at Oulton there really wasnt much damage. Am I selling this well at all!? Appreciate you've got an extra mouth to feed soon no idea about the camera thing mate would have to speak to someone whos been there. Sounds good to me though

@Nobby: FFS would everyone stop mentioning crashing on their 1st trackday! lol does sound a hell of a day out though mate

Oh and have a butchers at this we'd be doing the full GP circuit. So basically includes the 2 big straights and the hairpin at the top of the pic

Old 18-03-11, 01:56 AM   #10
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Ahhhh... Nobby's hairpin... I remember it well
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote