SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-05-11, 11:41 PM   #1
DjDemonD

Default Restrictor removed - remap needed?

Hello,

Just wanted to say hi just passed my DAS and bought a k4 sv650s. Really enjoying this bike very straightforward to get on with.

The bike I bought was owned by an 18 year old who had it restricted. I've removed the tank and air box and throttle body, taken out the two discs from the two intake manifolds, then removed the little metal L shaped plate from next to the throttle cable bracket. Then put it all back together.

Starts, idles and runs fine. Goes quite well but does this type of restrictor removal require a remap? I only ask as the bike seemed a tiny bit punchier from the pull off and at lower revs, before I removed the restrictor than it does now.

I've been thinking about a new exhaust and then a dyno just to check the bike out. Can the ecu be remapped on the SV without swapping it for a programmable ECU, assuming the tuner has suzuki kit?

Anyways sorry to bombard you all with loads of questions and looking forward to getting involved in this community, if its as good as the bike its based on it should be ace.
Old 17-05-11, 12:07 AM   #2
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: Hello 1st post and coupld of quick tech questions

in order, welcome, not normally it's either a restricted ECU or a physical restriction, yes the ecu can be remapped, but it's not normally needed for just a can change.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-11, 04:43 PM   #3
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: Restrictor removed - remap needed?

No you don't require a remap because of the restrictor.

You could remap it if you fit a full exhaust and air filter. For just a slipon it's probably not worth the gains.