SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 02-11-11, 10:57 PM   #1
-Ralph-

Default From every angle...

Had this bike since last December, but never got round to uploading any photo's.

Cleaning the bike for winter SORN reminded me I had taken these on the camera, thought I may as well post them.

It's a 56 plate, it's pretty much immaculate like new, had 3600 miles on when I bought it, and it cost me a bargain £3000!

The only mod so far is the double bubble screen, tank protector, and a RAM mount, the carbon fibre bits and the seat cowl I believe are standard with the SE model.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 02-11-11 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-11-11, 11:59 PM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: From every angle...

Apart from a shorter can required, it looks pretty darn good.
Old 03-11-11, 12:25 AM   #3
-Ralph-

I know what you mean about the exhaust, but then that's how Triumph designed it, and it's a really clean standard example. There can't be that many 5 year old Daytona's that are still like new. Part of me wants to change the exhaust, another part of me wants to keep it original.
Old 03-11-11, 12:31 AM   #4
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

I would keep the standard exhaust...probably makes it more special as there won't be many about with standard still on.

That is what I would call a showroom condition bike...it's lovely. Not seen forks like that on a used bike before...but then I am used to looking at the blackbird, lol.

Very nice Ralph
Old 03-11-11, 07:38 AM   #5
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I'm sure you're going to say it's water as you've just washed it but you know it does look like it has an oil leak

Old 03-11-11, 09:19 AM   #6
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I'm sure you're going to say it's water as you've just washed it but you know it does look like it has an oil leak
Close, it's not water as it was in the garage overnight between washing and polishing. It's most probably FS365 which the bike was soaked in before the fairing panels went back on and just before the photos were taken.

It certainly doesn't have any problems with loosing or using oil, Triumph didn't create those kind of problems with this engine, until they bored it out by another 95cc
Old 03-11-11, 09:26 AM   #7
Owenski

Jury is still out for me on these, when I see them on the street they look tasty but parked up they look frumpy.
Still a nice example of one though ralph,
Old 03-11-11, 09:41 AM   #8
-Ralph-

Ha, ha. Frumpy! There's an expression I've not heard for a few years. I guess you could call them old fashioned, and for some folk anything Triumph is frumpy, but I'm the kind of guy who was drooling over a mint 1989 ZXR750 H1 in a car park yesterday, that was one of the bikes that covered my bedroom wall for a time as a teenager. A Spanish bloke let me sit on one in Puerto Banus when I was about 12.

The Daytona is basically a T595 that's had a couple of facelifts and was originally designed in 1997. It's a proper litre sports road bike, it's a big bike with loads of room and all day comfort once I fitted the double bubble. I'm not a big fan of the modern crop of Japanese race replica type stuff. I pull up in a car park and it's a bit more individual than the rest of the crowd. It's still a common bike, but there is usually only one at any particular bike meet.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 03-11-11 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-11-11, 09:53 AM   #9
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
I pull up in a car park and it's a bit more individual than the rest of the crowd
Standing out from the crowd in Melton Mowbray

Photo courtesy of a young man wearing an old man's jumper
Old 03-11-11, 10:22 AM   #10
Owenski

My taste may be very different to the crowds, I HATE the look of a busa. I dont care that its got the engine the size of a fiesta, nor that it can do veron speeds... it still looks like s**t.

I like my bikes with clean lines and fairly slim build, in all honesty I dont think there many nicer looking bikes than a fully faired pointy (with a few tasteful mods)