SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-01-12, 11:46 AM   #1
Epic Monkey

Default Debrix Cheap Emulator Group Buy.

Hey Everyone.
I'm looking to buy some Debrix Fork Damper Valves in the next week and wanted to see if anyone else would be interested in a group buy.
There's a load of threads about these and how you can use these instead of paying the £160 for Race-Tech emulators.

Here is one link started by YC: http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=144722

Here's a link to the actual product: http://www.debrix.com/41mm-Fork-Damp...24-0361-vt.htm

They're perfect for Curvy's and drop right in. For Pointy's however you'll need a spacer/bushing which can be easily knocked up (Apparently, I don't have a lathe so can't comment on the ease of this)

Final cost will be determined by number purchased but should be around £25 and then I'll post them out once they arrive.

I may have to limit the total number to 10 - I don't think my credit card will handle any more than that so if interest is high it'll be first come first serve.
If I order 10 the estimated price for each is $34,20 so about £22. And then a couple of quid to post to you.
Old 25-01-12, 12:57 PM   #2
BoostFairy

Default Re: Debrix Cheap Emulator Group Buy

I would be up for this, i'd like to do some more research but i was going to buy some racetech emulators any how.

Rob,
Old 25-01-12, 01:50 PM   #3
cx5

Hi Epic.

Thanks for this. you can count me in.
Old 25-01-12, 01:55 PM   #4
Epic Monkey

Nice one cx5.
BoostFairy, I'll keep you as tentative for now until you confirm.
Old 25-01-12, 03:27 PM   #5
BoostFairy

Hi Epic, its cool mate, count me in. If you can get me the dimensions for the spacer needed for the pointy I would be happy to get a batch made up at cost.

Rob,
Old 25-01-12, 04:01 PM   #6
Epic Monkey

Ok cool. I'm not 100% on the spacer dimensions. Yorkie Chris was helping me out with that on another thread.
Old 25-01-12, 06:36 PM   #7
GIZZY66

If this is happening im in and if the spacers for the pointy are getting made up im in for that too , cheers
Old 25-01-12, 08:24 PM   #8
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I'd be on for a set of these emulators. Count me in.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-12, 07:56 AM   #9
MJC-DEV

Default Re: Debrix Cheap Emulator Group Buy.

Just a note of advice, have a worst case price in case you get stung for VAT and the Royal Mail charge. The large cost of this on the customs form may attract the attention of HRC! I got my Debrix through ok but stuff from Japan got hit for £29 extra on an £82 ($105) order!
Old 26-01-12, 09:45 AM   #10
Epic Monkey

Default Re: Debrix Cheap Emulator Group Buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC-DEV View Post
Just a note of advice, have a worst case price in case you get stung for VAT and the Royal Mail charge. The large cost of this on the customs form may attract the attention of HRC! I got my Debrix through ok but stuff from Japan got hit for £29 extra on an £82 ($105) order!
Thanks MJC - that's good advice
I've just checked on a site called duty calculator and this is what they say "motorcycle parts has an import duty rate of 3.7% and VAT rate of 20%" so if my calculations are correct, if 10 are purchased the preVAT and DUTY cost would be £22. Add the 23.7% and you're looking at about £27.
So I'd imagine, worst case with me posting them to you is about £30.

Of course, if they come in cheaper then I'll definately pass down the savings but I'd rather not have people upset because they're a few quid more because of import costs etc...

So far I've got the following down for a set, if you don't want anymore due to the import costs then let me know:

Me x 1
BoostFairy x 1
cx5 x 1
GIZZY66 x 1
garynortheast x 1