SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-03-12, 09:01 AM   #1
Kilted Ginger

Default Small electrical issue.

My right hand indicator instrument panel light has a permanent low level illumination.
It pulses at a normal speed and all the indicators work properly, there is just this low level light whilst the indicator is not on. Its that dim its hard to see in daylight but slightly distracting at night.

My thinking is that it is an issue with the flasher unit and as such only a replacement would resolve the problem. Its not that annoying that i'm prepared to spend the cash on a new flasher unit.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this???
Old 05-03-12, 10:12 AM   #2
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Default Re: Small electrical issue

Do you have standard indicators?

Details my good man, details.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 11:07 AM   #3
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: Small electrical issue.

I get that because I have 4 LED indis. The dash indicators change depending on if the side stand is up, clutch is in, brake light is on. It can be distracting at night, but no bother during the day really. It would be nice to get rid of it though if there is a simple fix
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 12:01 PM   #4
Kilted Ginger

Yes led indicators, but fitted a new flasher unit to fix fast flash issue, sounds like darren has the same problem.
Old 05-03-12, 12:10 PM   #5
MJC-DEV

It seems to be a function of the flasher and LED indicators (leakage current from the flasher finding a return through the lower Vf green LEDS) I had to load my indicators slightly with around 330R resistors to make sure the off volts was kept low.