SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Riding Gear Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 07-08-13, 08:33 AM   #1
savage86

Default Halvarssons Neck Tube

I was tired with using those little neck tubes you get three in a pack, you need to carry a few for a journey out in the wet for the return or when you can't stand the water trickling down your neck any more.
Did a bit of googleing came across this thing here for 14 quid I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm really impressed it sits snugly over your chin or up over your nose if your that way inclined, some might find it a bit of a squeeze to get over the head.

The main portion of it is this waterproof type material.

With the inside being fleece lined so it's uber warm and comfy. At the back is a small stretch panel, which may in longer rides get saturated and leak but out the other day in a downpour this didn't happen.

Last of all the bottom flares out around the bottom of the neck so it will find it hard to work it's way out off the top of the jacket stopping those pesky drafts.

All in all a great bit of kit that anyone would appreciate to have laying about and for only a few quid more than those pack of tights you mostly see really worth it. Will tell if i come across any problems with it over the coming miles.
Old 30-12-13, 08:27 AM   #2
madnlooney

Default Re: Halvarssons Neck Tube

ive been looking at one of these. looked good from description and think your review has set my mind to get one soon

EDIT
After getting mine its good, only thing i wish was the back bit was like the front, ive found it can ride up alittle.

Last edited by madnlooney; 07-01-14 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-01-14, 03:17 PM   #3
SIII
Mega Poster

Default Re: Halvarssons Neck Tube

Got one of these. Does a good job of keeping draughts out, much better than the 3 for £5 jobs. Find it a little tight, but for normal sized people probably a good fit, LoL.

Also got the balaclava type one as well (Halvarssons Addict!) This is also very good, escpecailly at keeping the draught off the back of the neck when out in biting cold. Neoprene face mask feels a bit weird to start with but got used to it. Also bonus of reduces wind noise !!! Not sure how, but maybe cos it goes all the way around and effectively seals up the back of yer head.

Last edited by SIII; 10-01-14 at 03:26 PM.
SIII is offline   Reply With Quote