SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: Who listens to music etc when riding ??
yep its great 12 25.00%
No you must be mad 36 75.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-03-04, 11:33 AM   #1
homersimpson

Default Listen to music ??

Curious who listens to music etc when on the sv or who thinks you must be mad as you can hear little enough as it is.
Old 25-03-04, 11:39 AM   #2
Anonymous

Ive never thought about doing this really as Im new so dont need any boredom diversions....''oohhh big bend, help!!!!!'' thats enough diversion for me!
Old 25-03-04, 11:43 AM   #3
Tony_BLY

Erm ... forgive my naivety (if that's how you spell it) but like where do the speakers go?
Old 25-03-04, 11:56 AM   #4
rukus

If you have the faired version, you can remove the covers where you access the main bulbs from and install speakers in the there. Bracket kits are available from www.yourehavinalaugh.com. the stereo then can be installed under the rear seat and conectors run through the bike and under the tank to the front of the bike. If you then wire the stereo into the main light circuit your stereo will have power when your lights are on, which on the K3's is all the time. THe subwoofer (optional) can be installed under the rear seat too and you can run cable disco lights round the frame.. lovely!

Hope this helps

Ruk
Old 25-03-04, 11:59 AM   #5
Muttley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_BLY
Erm ... forgive my naivety (if that's how you spell it) but like where do the speakers go?
Headphones dude, well those ickle in the ear jobs.

Personally I haven't tried it, but if I was to be doing long motorway stints then I would consider it.
Old 25-03-04, 12:02 PM   #6
Muttley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukus
THe subwoofer (optional) can be installed under the rear seat too and you can run cable disco lights round the frame.. lovely!

Hope this helps

Ruk
Surely mounting a bass tube to the opposite side to the exhaust would look better.

Would need to add counter wieghts to aide stability.
Old 25-03-04, 12:26 PM   #7
rukus

good idea, then my 650 would look like a thou too!!!
Old 25-03-04, 12:38 PM   #8
Warren Isaacs

Nope. No way. Never.

Given that most lids expose your ears to over 110dB at moderate speeds, however loud would you need earphones in order to hear musicover the deafening wind roar? Loud enough to do serious damage, I reckon.

Cheers
Warren
Old 25-03-04, 12:47 PM   #9
silverstormer

I thought the main reason most people buy SV650's is because they come with their own soundtrack?

Is music really necessary?
Old 25-03-04, 04:08 PM   #10
chazzyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Nope. No way. Never.

Given that most lids expose your ears to over 110dB at moderate speeds, however loud would you need earphones in order to hear musicover the deafening wind roar? Loud enough to do serious damage, I reckon.

Cheers
Warren
I've got music playing in my head all the time. Trouble is, it's the same high-pitched note all day, all night; never stops. I reckon that's a result of motorcycling when I was younger, before earplugs were invented, when my CB750 had a Yoshimura 4-1 with the insides taken out.... Boy, did that make some noise. It didn't howl, it BELLOWED, very loudly indeed.