SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-03-05, 11:26 PM   #1
apw100

Default FZ6(naked) headlight on an SV650?

I'm thinking about trying to install a FZ6(naked) headlight on an SV650. If it can be done, I think it will look pretty good.I'm in the US, and since Yamaha doesnt sell the naked FZ6 here, getting the headlight will be alot of trouble. I want people's opinions before I attempt it to order it from the UK. Any ideas or suggestions? Recommendations on where to buy the headlight? Thanks!

[/url]
Old 22-03-05, 11:41 PM   #2
jonboy

Looks wise I think it would look great. But likely to be difficult to fit I reckon. It's the sort of light that Suzuki should have fitted to the new shape SV in the first place.

Old 22-03-05, 11:51 PM   #3
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Default Re: FZ6(naked) headlight on an SV650?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw100
I'm thinking about trying to install a FZ6(naked) headlight on an SV650. If it can be done, I think it will look pretty good.I'm in the US, and since Yamaha doesnt sell the naked FZ6 here, getting the headlight will be alot of trouble. I want people's opinions before I attempt it to order it from the UK. Any ideas or suggestions? Recommendations on where to buy the headlight? Thanks!

[/url]
Did think about it for my 1000 but now settled for a pair of 'bottom mount' bates I think.

I had quotes of between £180 and just over £200 for the headlight unit when I last checked.

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-05, 12:28 AM   #4
BURNER

Yeah like it. If you're cash rich why not just order the unit from a MV Brutale?
Old 23-03-05, 02:14 AM   #5
apw100

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner
Yeah like it. If you're cash rich why not just order the unit from a MV Brutale?
Thats the problem, I'm not cash rich. If I was, I'd just buy a Brutalle! lol
I am willing to pay a few hundred dollars for a FZ6 headlight, but I suspect the Brutalle would be a bit more expensive!
If any of you know where to get either one at a reasonable price, let me know!