SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-06-05, 09:39 AM   #1
Carsick

Default Quick tip

Be careful of your hand slipping off of the clutch when you blip the throttle.

Oh, and does anybody have a spare pointy indicator?
Old 15-06-05, 09:40 AM   #2
thor

Noted. Bummer you had to find out the hard way...
Old 15-06-05, 09:53 AM   #3
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
Bummer you had to find out the hard way...
Oh, I knew already, I just got an unwelcome reminder this morning.
If it had happened in the dry I'd have been ok, because I'd have been able to brake hard enough without losing the front. Unfortunately, I had to brake suddenly and hard, so the front just went straight out.
Old 15-06-05, 09:57 AM   #4
Ceri JC

Bugger. Sorry, no spare indicator matey.

Another tip following last night's ride: Don't do a clutchless shift whilst accelerating hard and somehow imagine you're on a race bike and click down rather than up.

I didn't bin it it, but the engine didn't sound/feel too happy and the back end got a bit lively.
Old 15-06-05, 10:30 AM   #5
Anonymous

Thats a bad 'un matey. Dualy (sp) noted.

I dont have any indicators, but my mate chris has a box full of various types. Give him an email at CHRIS.MANGING@NORWICH-UNION-LIFE.CO.UK he'll see you right. Hes had loads of bikes, 2 bandits, an SV, a pigs ar$e hole (pegaso) and now a thundercat.

He's sure to have one of the kind you need.

Good luck.

GYKD
Old 15-06-05, 10:34 AM   #6
Iansv

Done it so many times but never at a bad time fortunately

bummer
Old 15-06-05, 10:36 AM   #7
SVeeedy Gonzales

Mmm - yes, this morning's tip for me was : don't accelerate with the bike leant over as you pass over alarge metal drain cover. Not unless you want everyone to look round as the engine screams as the back wheel spins up before catching the road again and rocketing off down the road.
Old 15-06-05, 10:37 AM   #8
Carsick

It's not too bad, really, not done any new damage to the fairing, scraped the crash bung a little more, put an already damaged indie out of it's misery, bent the brake lever and ripped a rivet out of the can.
All can be put back how it was before without much effort.

Cheers for that, GYKD.
Old 15-06-05, 11:29 AM   #9
Yokel

I almost hate to ask after hearing that but how do you do this blipping thing then?

Is it a quick flick of the throttle with the clutch in before changing down? And does it really make a difference or are you all just doing it because it sounds racy? :P

Did somebody fill a fire engine with diesel and hose down the A2 this morning by the way? Just wondering...
Old 15-06-05, 11:55 AM   #10
TC3

[quote="Yokel"]I almost hate to ask after hearing that but how do you do this blipping thing then?

Is it a quick flick of the throttle with the clutch in before changing down? And does it really make a difference or are you all just doing it because it sounds racy? :P

Did somebody fill a fire engine with diesel and hose down the A2 this morning by the way? Just wondering...[/

Change down in gear and keep clutch in and rev the throttle a lil and it helps the engine speed come down as you let the clutch out after having blipped. Am i right there? Also it gets attention and makes peeps aware you are there.

Tony