SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 26-06-05, 11:16 AM   #1
CoolGirl

Default a right result

About 18 months ago Islington introduced a controlled parking zone in my area which means that I have to have a permit for my car and visitors need to use parking vouchers at certain times (not all of which are displayed ).

In the consultation that came to residents beforehand, I said that it would be impractical for bikes to display permits or visitor vouchers (cos they get nicked) and I was told that there would be free bike parking bays within the CPZ. Anyway, the signs, lines and parking meters were all installed, and guess what no bike bays

So, anyway, after 18 months of me complaining about it, there is now a bike bay on my street with an anchor point.

(OK, so eveyone parks in my front garden anyway, and I no longer have a bike, but it's the principle)
Old 26-06-05, 11:43 AM   #2
jonboy

Well done Debs

Old 26-06-05, 10:49 PM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

You know what i think of the traffic wardens in your street

Well done anway, i think i may just pop round to comgratulate you
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-05, 08:38 AM   #4
BillyC
Mega Poster

Excellent... is it near the flat?
Old 18-07-05, 10:34 PM   #5
MilleonAir

Hello Coolgirl!

What happened to the bike? You're SVless?!!!

I was just checkin' in as I still haven't bought an SV - I bought another yellow Suzuki - a DRZ400S instead.

I hope you're well.

Ian
Old 19-07-05, 07:17 PM   #6
CoolGirl

cor, blimey!
I thought you'd bought one. If I'd have know I'd have tried to sell you my silver SV that you were admiring so much!

Anyway, I was reminded of you on Sunday, when we went to watch the club racing at Brands. No Milles on the track that day
Old 19-07-05, 09:39 PM   #7
Damien

Feck me, good to see you here Mille on Air.

Yellow bikes are always the way forward, especially if they are yellow SV's (Still look back fondly on my one, but the Tuono just simply doesn't compare).

Just got back from the French Alps. I am now a knee down king! The roads made me do it! Got a 2.7mb video I can send to peeps if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Hope you both keeping well!

Debbs, I'll pop down to Soho some time this summer. In the mean time, here's a picture of last summer of Dave, Kev, Me, You & Dan. Ahhhh... the memories. I seem to recall passing you every 3rd lap or so just before Graham Hilll Bend. LOL. It was great fun.

Take it easy.

D.

Old 20-07-05, 06:41 PM   #8
CoolGirl

Ah, what a great day. I just noticed that I'm the only one of us that can't get both feet on the ground

look forward to seeing you soon

Debs
Old 21-07-05, 10:23 AM   #9
MilleonAir

Whereas Damien's almost got his knees down sitting upright!

That trackday was good fun and it was great to meet you all. Damien, I bet that Tuono's great for long distance. I did Godalming to Geneva on the Mille once in 12 hours straight but I think it was the windblast at 100mph that kept the weight off my wrists!

I think I've found a buyer for my Aprilia RSV Mille. But, here's the scary part.....a 2000 model RSV is worth just 3 grand. And mine's seen life so it's worth even less.

So, I'm trying to plan my biking future, thus:

a) Sell the Mille, sell GF's VFR800 (that she never rides - too heavy, no fun), buy motard wheels for the DRZ and either an SV or a DL650 V-strom that my GF can ride if she wants.

b) Sell the Mille and VFR, buy motard wheels for the DRZ, sell the original wheels, buy a KTM200 for off-roading and an SV/DL650 for the road as above.

c) Keep the Mille (if the sale falls through) and make it a track bike, scrape some cash together and buy another bike - probably a used, unfaired SV with Renthal bars. GF sells the VFR and buys a more suitable bike.

Whatever I end up on, even if it's not an SV, I promise you all faithfully that I will not end up with one of those Bavarian Messerschmitt things.

Ian
Old 21-07-05, 12:11 PM   #10
AlanSv

thats the track day I trashed my wrist, I missed all the photos