SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 01-01-06, 05:35 PM   #1
Stig

Default Always wear yer ferkin leathers. Graffic images.

Some how the old thread seems to have gone missing. So again, as a reminder to all, that these injuries were sustained whilst fully kitted up. I would have been dead had I not been wearing the correct gear.

For those that don't know, I slid off the bike whilst going round an exit of a motorway junction and hit the barriers.

1st day awake in intensive care.

11 broken ribs (some of them broken in more than one place) and a smashed pelvis.

Punctured lung and the other collapsed.

Area where pelvis pieces tried to exit my body.

This damage was done through leather AND kevlar elbow armour, without it I would not like to think what the damage would have been.

These photo's have not been shown for any comments or response. They are here to allow you to see what damage can be caused even when wearing full protective equipment. Without it I would not be here now. Maybe you will reconsider riding without good gear to keep you protected as you can. Your call.

Thanks for looking.
Old 01-01-06, 11:38 PM   #2
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

shame it went missing...

what a superb lesson to others to wear yer gear.!

and if i recall it had about 2.6 million views too!!
Old 02-01-06, 12:47 AM   #3
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

To true all that has been said.

Not only ware you leathers, but i also say get a back protector and if not upgrade the rubish one that comes standard in most jackets.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-06, 10:25 AM   #4
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM
Not only ware you leathers, but i also say get a back protector and if not upgrade the rubish one that comes standard in most jackets.
Couldn't agree more. Too many peeps say, oh I've got a back protector in my jacket, but it's cheap rubbish and won't offer anything more than cursory protection. A decent full length protector (such as a Knox) is worth it's wait in gold - and you soon get used to wearing it.

Old 02-01-06, 10:45 AM   #5
Jelster

Have to concur with that. I only got one last summer and I can't for the life of me think why I didn't do it before.

My Spidi "casual" bike jacket now has the optional "proper" internal back protector. It may not be as long, but it's still better than the foam/rubber ones that you get as standard.

Old 02-01-06, 10:55 AM   #6
Stig

Please excuse the near naked body. But the wound in the centre of my lower back was caused by the Armco that I managed to wedge myself into. This was WITH a back protector. Without it my spine would have been chopped and I would possibly been dead or paralysed. The surgeon stated this fact not me.

Old 20-02-06, 03:14 PM   #7
busasean

Bugger me! I bet that made yer eyes water!!!!!!
Old 20-02-06, 07:52 PM   #8
Stig

Yeah, a little.
Old 20-02-06, 08:27 PM   #9
busasean

the photo of the stitches makes me wince just looking at it!!!! ow,ow, ow!!!!
Old 20-02-06, 11:48 PM   #10
DavieSV

Up untill now you have been a litte face on the left, but now ,
Respect. I've learned fron you, I hope others do,
DavieSV is offline   Reply With Quote