SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-01-06, 01:55 PM   #1
Aurora

Default Need new leathers/textiles - Where to buy?

Lots loads of weight, gone down from a 14 to a 10 but unfortunately it means none of bike kit fits anymore. Where's the best place for the best deal on 2-piece leathers and textiles. Would prefer it if I can mix/match leathers/textiles.

Got any ideas?

Or should I wait until the Scottish bike show in March and see what I can find there?
Old 23-01-06, 02:22 PM   #2
Jelster

My local "Rivets" (in Chiswick Honda) are selling off Frank Thomas ladies stuff at half price. I almost bought my Wife a set of grey leathers on Sunday, but she decided it wasn't worth it until she starts coming out on the bike a bit more often....

Old 23-01-06, 02:25 PM   #3
Mr Toad

What about Ally Palace next week

http://www.londonmotorcycleshow.co.uk/visitors/

you might get a bargain
Old 23-01-06, 02:25 PM   #4
Kate

Congrats on the losing weight! How did you do that?

Whats your budget? There is the Ally Pally show soon I believe where you can pick up good deals.

I've got 2-piece leathers that I got tailor made which made them a little more expensive than off the shelf goods but well worth it. I can't remember off the top of my head where I got them, the details are at home and I can post it up later.
Old 23-01-06, 02:55 PM   #5
sharriso74

Congrats on losing the weight. This lot seem reasonable, I'm sure they were at the NEC last year

http://www.btkleathers.com/prices.html
Old 23-01-06, 04:40 PM   #6
Aurora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Congrats on the losing weight! How did you do that?

Whats your budget? There is the Ally Pally show soon I believe where you can pick up good deals.

I've got 2-piece leathers that I got tailor made which made them a little more expensive than off the shelf goods but well worth it. I can't remember off the top of my head where I got them, the details are at home and I can post it up later.
First off Kate if you're interested in the diet, PM me your email address and I'll send you the first bit (questionnaire), I got the diet from the States (you ever watched Extreme Makeover? Michael Thurmonds does the diet and fitness, I got his diet, bloody expensive, but works)

Secondly, bike kit, would be very interested in tailor made, if I can some pink into the design

Can't get to Ally Pally, but I am going up to the Scottish Bike show in Edinburgh in March.
Old 23-01-06, 07:11 PM   #7
philipMac

Might or might not be worth your while,
But there is a company out here, New Engouh leathers, ship to the UK, have astonishingly reasonable prices for their closeout stuff.

I posted this up on the clothing forum a while back.
http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=31869

Worth a look anyway.

Re diet... congrats. Hopefully it stays off . If you live less than 10 miles from your job, cycle into work when the spring rolls around. I cant keep weight on when I am on the bike twice a day (ie, my gf was getting worried about me. And if you are worried about your legs getting huge, they wont really, if you are still worried, buy a pulse monitor and keep your rate lower than ~165 bpm.) You will be suprised how fast you can clip along after the first month. (I am only slightly faster on the SV). Changeing only takes me the same time as derigging out or my ferking leathers.
Old 23-01-06, 07:26 PM   #8
Tara

Congrats on the weight loss Dawn well done you. Sorry can't help with the leathers/textiles mine came from J & S in Northwich i tried everywhere locally (to me) to get trousers to fit me Hein Gericke were the best fit for textiles for me
Old 23-01-06, 09:21 PM   #9
Kate

The place I went was Carrera Leathers 01763 247365. I had to go for two fittings and got to choose the design, colour, even down to the badges.

Re the diet, they don't usually work for me but exercise does. As soon as the weather dries up a bit I'll be back to skating. That works pretty well!
Old 23-01-06, 09:33 PM   #10
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Hi,

I bought my Leather Jeans two years ago and my jacket last year both from Click here JTS.

They have stands every year at the Scottish Bike Show are cheap and of good quality in my opinion. My kit is still in good conditon.

Hope this helps.

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote