SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-01-06, 01:54 PM   #1
The Mass

Default 2 Things really

Hi All,

Firstly, I really shouldn't be here today. At about 16:15pm yesterday I was trondling on my way home down the M4, and only the second time I have used the Blue Cow since having her new engine, when a really nice Mercedes SLK is flashing it lights at me and desperately trying to get my attentiion.
As I pull over, the lady driver is screaming at me and pointing at the hard shoulder, her window by this time wound right down, and she is literally hanging out of the car screaming at me to pull over, to which I did immediately.
She pulls in front of me, dives out of her, at this point I'm ready to either be punched in the mouth ro sworn at!
But NO, she grabs the back of my jacket and pulls at the illuminous waistcoat thing, that I thought I had put on over my jacket.
To my amazement I thought I had put this on properly when I left work, but no, one side of this bloody thing had been dangling on the left hand side of the bike, right next to the chain
In fact it had been caught by the chain a few times, as I discovered when I got home to show the wife.
It had oil on it from where it had been lingering around the chain and sprocket, and quite a few little holes in the cloth where it had obviousley been trying its best to wrap itself around the chain and sprocket.

Lesson learnt, I am at peace with the world, and gave Mis SLK a huge hug, to which she replied that she was a biker, and it was exactly how her friend came of his bike.
She had literally got back from a long stay in South Africa and had not had a good day, and said that me coming off in front of her would have put the top on it.
I am so glad to be here today folks, I gave my kids and wife a huge hug when I got home.
The unfortunate part is I didn't manage to get this lady's name or address, to which I am forever greatful, as I could have quite easily died yesterday, as I could see myself on the opposite carriageway of the M4 - in bits.
As she went to get back into her car, it wouldn't start, she had no phone either, so she used mine.
I have since contacted whoever it was that she phoned on that number, and have arranged for a lovely bunch of flowers to be sent

The illuminous jacket thing was thrown in the bin, a huge lesson learnt. It may be worth checking with someone before you take off that all your **** is together, and bits are not hanging off you.

And as most of you know, my luck recently has not been of the better kind. I am just hoping that this is the turning point.
So if you read this MOGS (Kev) then that 100mill that's sitting in some bank in Europe is mine this weekend

Sorry about the longevitiy of ths one folks, had to get the point across.

Mass
Old 24-01-06, 02:06 PM   #2
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Phew!

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-06, 02:11 PM   #3
jonboy

Well aren't you lucky! So glad you were stopped and a wonderfully magnanimous gesture viz the flowers.

Oh and what a pillock you are .

Old 24-01-06, 02:27 PM   #4
The Mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
Well aren't you lucky! So glad you were stopped and a wonderfully magnanimous jesture viz the flowers.

Oh and what a pillock you are .

Cheers Jonboy

And I second that
Old 24-01-06, 02:35 PM   #5
thor

This thread has restored my faith in humanity somewhat!

Glad you are still here mate!
Old 24-01-06, 02:58 PM   #6
wyrdness

It must have been your luck day. I'm just relieved that we're reading a story with a happy ending.
Old 24-01-06, 03:09 PM   #7
Halonic

Its proof that, whilst fate currently wants to £*&% with your life, it doesnt actually want you dead.

Reassuring I suppose
Old 24-01-06, 03:17 PM   #8
The Mass

Very scarey thought!

You know, you get to think of the scenario that may have been.
And I was thinking, well...

One half of the waistcoat thing, was on me and under my Knox bag, so if it had managed to get onto the chain, it would have pulled me off the back and me and Blue Cow would have been sent down the M4 together.

Sorry folks..just thinking out loud..sorry!

Hey ho! still here...
Old 24-01-06, 03:20 PM   #9
hall13uk

well done that cager lady
Old 24-01-06, 04:17 PM   #10
Balky001
Mega Poster

Scarey moments there Mass. Thanks goodness this lady was there to save you. I thought sending the flowers was a nice jesture - just one thing - did you leave her on the hard shoulder all alone after she'd used your phone Nice - only pulling your leg mate.