SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-03-06, 12:30 PM   #1
cosmiccharlie

Default No license No Lid No Brains

What was she thinking

http://www.wftv.com/news/8287241/detail.html#
Old 31-03-06, 12:44 PM   #2
Filipe M.

Default Re: No license No Lid No Brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmiccharlie
What was she thinking
Most probably she wasn't...
Old 31-03-06, 12:47 PM   #3
Daimo

No sympathy.
Old 31-03-06, 01:15 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Probably "I'm dying to have everyone notice me on my new bike, and i wont wear a lid so they all know who i am"

Little sympathy for her tbh. The day i picked up my SV i rode it so slowly home i'm sure an old lady with a zimmer frame overtook me. Self preservation first in my eyes.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-06, 01:17 PM   #5
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
The day i picked up my SV i rode it so slowly home i'm sure an old lady with a zimmer frame overtook me. Self preservation first in my eyes.
Hehe know exactly what you mean. 3 mile ride home from the dealer, I was glad it all straight
Old 31-03-06, 01:26 PM   #6
Daimo

Funny thing for me when i got mine.

Im all nervous on it, got to a roundabout, stopped. GF pulled up behined me in the car. I went to pull off, stalled it (lack of throttle contro then lol), she assumed i've gone, went to go, rammed me (slow speed) and i very nearly dropped the bike!!!! The look of fear on her face was something else. Only been on the bike 2 minutes

Fortunatly she rammed the rear tyre and her little car came off worse than my bike. Took a few layers of T-cut and polish to wipe the marks off the bumper

I couldn't have a go, her face said it all "IM SO SO SO SO SORRY"
Old 31-03-06, 01:39 PM   #7
Peter Henry

We are talking about the loss of a young girl of just 19 years here. Someone's daughter,girlfriend,wife or sister.

I think the issues in question are more the environment she lives in that would make her feel her actions in using a bike when totally ill equipped to do so was ok.
Old 31-03-06, 01:43 PM   #8
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
We are talking about the loss of a young girl of just 19 years here. Someone's daughter,girlfriend,wife or sister.

I think the issues in question are more the environment she lives in that would make her feel her actions in using a bike when totally ill equipped to do so was ok.

At last someone whos not jumping on the old sv650.org "im higher than thou" bandwagon.

Well said Peter.
Old 31-03-06, 01:50 PM   #9
Halonic

Quote:
A bill before the Florida House of Representatives could have prevented the accident. The proposed legislation would require safety training and proof of endorsement before a motorcycle can be purchased or registered.
No Sh*t

So apparently in Florida I can walk into any bike dealer and buy an R1 with no proof I actually have a license?

yeah that wasn't going to end badly
Old 31-03-06, 01:53 PM   #10
Daimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry

Shes not dead yet, so its not a loss.
Its only legal to ride without a helmet in some states.

Commen sense dictates a bash hat, simple logic.

Im not sure of the legalitys in the UK, could you go into a shop and buy an R1 or such without producing a license?