SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-04-06, 10:46 PM   #1
Ward8124

Default Huggers

After removing my hugger from my previous Cat D SV which in its self was a real bugger to get off as the rear screw was a right pain to off (the one nearest the rear shock) i decided to fix it to my nice shiney new one this arvo.......2 hours and the few teddies in the corner later I managed to get the bugger on........the thing that was the real pain was not the rearbolt but the right hand side bolt the one where it feed a break cable through a metal retainer of some sort........stoopid rubber bung was preventing me from getting the bolt in the screw threads depsite oodles of pressure and grunt.....gavev up and chopped half off and then fitted it nicely!

Is there some fine art im not aware off when fitting these infernal things or is it common to gain a few grey hairs and increase blood pressure points!?!"!
Old 09-04-06, 10:02 AM   #2
muddycoffee

They look so sweet and inoocent those screws don't they. But mine are stuck completely solid I haven't been able to shift them at all. I am worried about bending or breaking the little tag off the swinging arm with excessive force. I spent weeks putting WD40 on them in the summer but it made no difference. If I ever do get them off I will be replacing with stainless steel screws at the first opportunity.
Old 09-04-06, 10:19 AM   #3
UlsterSV

When I fitted mine I couldn't get that wee screw nearest the shock out either. Ended up I had to use the angle grinder to cut away the plastic so I could get a bit more leverage on it. Fitted the new hugger with SS bolts
Old 10-04-06, 09:03 AM   #4
Ward8124

So thats a universal yes then!....there must be a special tool to do it or something as i cant see the buggers in dealers struggling for hours trying to do it!