SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 16-08-06, 04:44 PM   #1
auldyin

Default tomorrow ride

if anyone is of work tomorrow or not up to anything and weather is dry who fancies going for a ride up east coast to St Andrews or up Glen Coe over the west ??????
Old 16-08-06, 05:58 PM   #2
Anonymous

would love to but cant get rid of kid number 2 again. did inverary run today, roads were lovely and clear
Old 16-08-06, 06:45 PM   #3
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Sorry I've got work!!!!

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-06, 07:22 PM   #4
Cam_73

Heading up to Skye on Friday afternoon

Friday doesn't look great, but Saturday/ Sunday looks bright sunny and dry and a nice comfy 17 degrees!!!

No fancy route though, Newhouse >> Paisley>> Fort William >> Kyle of Lochalsh.

My 4rs3 will be numb by the time I get there I reckon

Have a good run Auldyin.

Cheers
Old 16-08-06, 08:36 PM   #5
auldyin

ok looks like no takers if anyone is free next week monday to friday then pop a line (PM) to me and we can meet short notice is no problem i am on holiday from work and wife is not and kids at school so i have freedom and would like to us it while weather is good so any takers dont be shy i am slow only done 600miles since test so i need experience so please help aaaaahhhhhhhrrrrrrrrgrggggggggggggggggggg>>>??
Old 16-08-06, 09:59 PM   #6
Sheila

I would be up for it but working!! Don't finish till 5.30 to 6ish mon to fri. So unless you want to go for a short early evening run, or weekend day can't help ya. Also, I've only done 500 on my new bike and I'm a bit rusty (not the bike o'course.. its sparkling!!) but keen to get out on the unfamiliar roads!
Old 17-08-06, 07:12 AM   #7
colinbal4

I'd be up for evening runs (6pm onwards) but got to work during the day
Old 17-08-06, 03:55 PM   #8
auldyin

well that was brill. left edinburgh at about 1030am and went to Wilsons in broxburn to get a neck tube then over to stirling up to lochearn head to perth then to cupar suzuki which has a 25% sale then down to kirkcaudy to Alan Duffus the along the coastal road over the Forth roadbridge to crammond to south gyle along bypass to hillend skislope then home AR53 is sore but it was worth it arrived back at 16 30 oh oe hour for lunch at a cafe at lock earnhead very nice. any one up for riding drop PM very flexable next week?
Old 17-08-06, 04:13 PM   #9
jim@55

sounds good to me .im not working days at the mo ,only one prob ;im in glasgow so any local edinburgh runs are a wee bit difficult for me ,but west coast is easier from this side ,but aye yer on (in theory) bit easier from next week as my remaining 'wee rogue' is back at school.pm me about it
Old 21-08-06, 08:36 AM   #10
Kilted Ginger

Auldyin, I'm off on Friday if you are still looking to go out.
Couple of options:
1: Could do Thursday eve to include Sheila and Coilinbal4 (and anyone else who fancies it) Could do Crieff - lochearnhead - callander (or anywhere else)
2: Could do Friday and go west to include Jim@55 (and anyone else) Do balloch - arrocher (military road and wibbly wobbly) - crianlarich then aberfeldy - crieff (wee glen) or kilmahog - aberfoyle (dukes pass) depending on time and how far you want to ride.

Weather to be light showers (day) Thursday dry eve / Dry Friday if you trust forecasts.