SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 09-09-06, 05:19 PM   #1
El Saxo

Default Couple of eyeballs at Hawes today

Hawes cafe, about 3pm

Copper pointy 650 spotted, pulled away with a kwak zx7 (i think) just as I emerged from the caff with a brew

Few mins later a black curvy went past the caff, I don't know what can you had on but it sounded

Oh, and I bumped into a forum member too just before I left the caff, sorry though mate I've forgotten your name , anyway you know who you are, good to see you again... Nice XJ too - I love the yellow / black yamaha colours on those bikes!
Old 09-09-06, 06:10 PM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

Thought of popping up to Hawes today Andy, but instead opted for the bridge. Got waved at by a couple on an SV leaving as I arrived. But too busy looking where I was going to try to make out who it was and if I( knew them. So sorry I wasn't being ignorant whoever you are

Give us a shout next time you are playing out
Old 09-09-06, 08:30 PM   #3
El Saxo

Hi Tim, sorry I missed you mate, it was a bit of a last minute urge to go out for a ride, wasn't even sure where I was going until I set off!

I stopped at Devil's on the way back, would have been about 4.30ish after I got stuck behind a lorry for most of the stretch between Hawes & Sedburgh

Come to think of it, I saw a black naked pointy 650 k3 or 4 (silver frame) with a fabbri screen at Devil's too - does it belong to anyone on here?
Old 11-09-06, 12:19 PM   #4
M65

Was at Hawes but not until about 5pm
Old 12-09-06, 07:03 PM   #5
Whitty

Hawes? That would be me mate Should have come your way out, traffic was horrendous towards Leyburn! I need to update my profile. Not been online much lately due to holidays and major computer probs(Or my incompetance on computer ) Lovin' comfort and forward surge of XJR but it's a bit of a hand full when it gets twisty, as the footpegs will testify!!!
Old 13-09-06, 06:56 AM   #6
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitty
Hawes? That would be me mate Should have come your way out, traffic was horrendous towards Leyburn! I need to update my profile. Not been online much lately due to holidays and major computer probs(Or my incompetance on computer ) Lovin' comfort and forward surge of XJR but it's a bit of a hand full when it gets twisty, as the footpegs will testify!!!
Sorry, I am absolutely crap at remembering names!

Traffic wasn't much better towards Sedburgh mate, I got stuck behind a big articulated flat-bed and a Goldwing rider for miles, 30mph all the way.
Old 14-09-06, 01:29 PM   #7
Tomcat

i was at hawes about 3pm on sat. Black curvey, k1, fully faired. With a group of 8. Great day!
Old 14-09-06, 04:17 PM   #8
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat
i was at hawes about 3pm on sat. Black curvey, k1, fully faired. With a group of 8. Great day!
Yeah that would have been you I saw - it was an ace day wasn't it?

Waaaay better than today, I got bloody soaked going to the bank at lunch time!
Old 15-09-06, 08:34 AM   #9
Tomcat

Was a great day. 1st time out for me with a gang, I really enjoyed it.....as the only female was initially a bit intimitating but we all got on with our own thing and it was real fun. Have just got an undertray, hugger, indicators and small number plate, so will be fitting them this weekend. Then the bike has got my signature on it!