SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-12-06, 09:27 PM   #1
Ed

Default Another human rights abuse

We've had a few posted on here recently so I'm sorry for 'more of' and 'same old' but I think many will agree that this one takes the biscuit.

Are we really such a soft touch, whatever have we done in introducing this Human Rights Act nonsense? This odious individual should be put on a plane immediately.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6219608.stm
Old 07-12-06, 09:39 PM   #2
carlos

Honestly, WTF is this country coming to????
Old 07-12-06, 09:48 PM   #3
Flamin_Squirrel

I'm more concerned that the authorities are so utterly incompetent that they ended up in this position in the first place.
Old 07-12-06, 09:53 PM   #4
ArtyLady

unbelievable
Old 07-12-06, 10:38 PM   #5
tricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
I'm more concerned that the authorities are so utterly incompetent that they ended up in this position in the first place.
Exactly, the guy was in prison for 8 years !
Did they only start the deportation process the day he should have been released ?
Old 07-12-06, 10:55 PM   #6
northwind
Mega Poster

It's mad, this one... There's a lot more to it than you see on that link (as every with the BBC, just leave out anything not exciting) but still.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 11:00 PM   #7
Jabba

Quote:
don't blame the authorities........blame those who passed the bad law in the first place and vote 'em out of office at the next general election.
Old 07-12-06, 11:05 PM   #8
Vfr400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Quote:
don't blame the authorities........blame those who passed the bad law in the first place and vote 'em out of office at the next general election.
NO blame the bl**dy low life who going to make a packet defending him. Do some of the legal profession think of nothing other than money? (the very clever Ed excepted )
Old 07-12-06, 11:07 PM   #9
northwind
Mega Poster

Nah, that's nonsense mate... This ruling's not happened because of any new law, it's happened because of a total failure of the immigration/deportation system. Whether or not you agree with the payout- I think it's absurd- the reason it happened was because of a total balls-up. And remember that the court who gave the payout is independant- I'm sure if the government had anything to do with it, he'd not have got a penny, since most people will blame them.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 07:42 AM   #10
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
Nah, that's nonsense mate... This ruling's not happened because of any new law, it's happened because of a total failure of the immigration/deportation system. Whether or not you agree with the payout- I think it's absurd- the reason it happened was because of a total balls-up. And remember that the court who gave the payout is independant- I'm sure if the government had anything to do with it, he'd not have got a penny, since most people will blame them.
Yep that seems to be whats happened.

As the government continues on its quest to destroy the british legal system it'll get worse too. The CPS is a total mess so prosecutions are getting bungled, so to compensate the government is trying to make it easier to prosecute people. This all results in a situation where not only are more guilty people getting away with their crimes, but more innocent people are being convicted at the same time.

This of course means that some of those pesky people who've been a victim of outrageous miss carriages of justice will feel that they're entitled to compensation for being wrongfully imprisoned.

The government having gracefully put these people up in one of her majesties finest establishments will take bed and board from your compensation package though, so you get to pay for being wrongfully imprisoned too.

Oh, and if you get locked up for less than a year then you'll not get a penny at all. You'll have lost your job, family, friends, self respect, but it's only a few months in prison, it can't be that bad can it?