SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-01-07, 03:08 PM   #1
The Basket

Default Bloomin' Vandals

12 cars in me street got a visit from the local neds last night.

Some lost wing mirrors and a boot in the door for their troubles. And a bit of scratched paint to go with it.

I got away with it and just had me mirrors messed about.

Thank God me SV was not on the list.

Having to meet the Local Police in a mo to give a statement. Maybe they will put their top men on the job. Book 'em Danno...Murder one!
Old 12-01-07, 03:15 PM   #2
Kate

I had this on a regular basis when I lived in Reading. I used to find footprints on the roof of the car where they walked up the road on top of the cars. I got in the habit of checking for slashed tyres every morning as it used to happen on a regular basis, one morning as I was checking and finding slashed tyres the owner of the car in front of mine came out of her flat and got in her car without checking. I had to knock on the car window to tell her she had two slashed tyres, same as me.
Old 12-01-07, 03:15 PM   #3
Samnooshka

oh gawd!! sorry to hear this but thank god the sv wasn't touched. Think i'd go ape **** if i caught them. We have a bit of trouble with kids around here pushing over the path lights in the park where we walk Lupo. Luckily they don't tend to hang over where we live, they're usually outside the shops generally causing a nuisance for the people trying to get in it.
Old 12-01-07, 03:18 PM   #4
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I'm a firm believer in baseball bat justice for this kind of thing. If the coppers ever catch them all they do is tell them not to do it again. Teach em a lesson they won't forget and perhaps they won't do it again.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-07, 03:22 PM   #5
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants
I'm a firm believer in baseball bat justice for this kind of thing. If the coppers ever catch them all they do is tell them not to do it again. Teach em a lesson they won't forget and perhaps they won't do it again.
Not quite true. A manager of mine had someone walk past her car, and kick the mirror off one side. She heard the resulting bang, and gave chase, in slippers

She caught the idiot, pinned him to the floor, and dragged him back to her house, where she called Plod.

The result, was that the kid had to pay for it to be fixed (and it was a motorised, heated wing mirror, not cheap!) and a £60 fine for vandalism.

Yes, I was scared of my manager at times
Old 12-01-07, 03:25 PM   #6
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph
The result, was that the kid had to pay for it to be fixed (and it was a motorised, heated wing mirror, not cheap!) and a £60 fine for vandalism.
I bet Dad / Mum / Social Services paid and kid did not suffer at all. Or he paid it at £1.50 a week, which is taking the p.

Old 12-01-07, 03:31 PM   #7
Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph
I bet Dad / Mum / Social Services paid and kid did not suffer at all. Or he paid it at £1.50 a week, which is taking the p.
I saw two lads fighting outside my house. Sat in window watching and then they went through my car window. The police arrived at the same time, and they were arrested etc. The next day the young lad came to my house and apologized, he seemed very sincere. He offered/agreed to pay my excess window insurance thing .... £50.

The police later came and asked if I wanted to press charges, I said no, because I wanted to show some faith is this young lad, I had his mobile phone number and I truly wanted to give him a chance to do the right thing. Did I get the cash.................. did I f**k ! Forget the 50 quid, I was so disappointed that he hadn't recognized my fairness and his opportunity to do right .... such a shame.
Old 12-01-07, 04:23 PM   #8
Jdubya

Default Re: Bloomin' Vandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Basket

Some lost wing mirrors and a boot in the door for their troubles. And a bit of scratched paint to go with it.
Used to happen a lot when we lived in Swanscombe...my wifes car got torched along with four others and a school bus one night I was well ****ed off because I was working on the scottish borders at the time and had just driven up there from kent, started dozing then got the phone call and had to drive back down again! The car was all tagged-up and everything and mr. plod and his pcso's knew the tag but to this day the scrote has still not seen the inside of a police van for his and his mates crimes...****es me off something mental

Glad your SV wasn't touched though
Old 12-01-07, 04:37 PM   #9
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bloomin' Vandals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Basket

Used to happen a lot when we lived in Swanscombe...my wifes car got torched along with four others and a school bus one night I was well p*ssed off because I was working on the scottish borders at the time and had just driven up there from kent, started dozing then got the phone call and had to drive back down again! The car was all tagged-up and everything and mr. plod and his pcso's knew the tag but to this day the scrote has still not seen the inside of a police van for his and his mates crimes...p*sses me off something mental

Glad your SV wasn't touched though
Baseball bat.

Old 12-01-07, 04:48 PM   #10
PsychoCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat
The police later came and asked if I wanted to press charges, I said no, because I wanted to show some faith is this young lad, I had his mobile phone number and I truly wanted to give him a chance to do the right thing. Did I get the cash.................. did I f**k ! Forget the 50 quid, I was so disappointed that he hadn't recognized my fairness and his opportunity to do right .... such a shame.
One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Whether we are dealing with subjects or enemies, and certainly enemies bent on our destruction, an excess of tenderness only leads to a loss of mercy
Niccolo Machiavelli

Better to Flog the b@sta@rds then give them the benefit of the doubt that they will not repeat their transgression than to just give them the benefit of the doubt.
Me