SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-01-07, 05:13 PM   #1
Matt Prince

Default Yes - at last some sunshine!

Had to drop a line in after a fantastic hour and a half out this afternoontaking in the A32 from Fareham. Not much traffic, a pleasant temperature and the SV feeling as good as ever!
They really are great bikes - started first time no hassle as well!
Was dabbling about a change but I'm keeping my 03 curvy for sure now!
Anyone else get out today?
Old 14-01-07, 05:36 PM   #2
Rich
Mega Poster

I was in need of a day like today, starting to get withdrawal symptoms from being off the bike so long. I managed 125mile round trip without one spot of rain and every minute was brill, even managed to get rid of those chicken stripes a little .Started off with a ride through Cheddar Gorge then to Minehead, Blue Ancor then home, saw plenty bikes out and a few SV's. Hope everyone else got a ride today, can't see too many more dry ones for abit!!
Old 14-01-07, 07:35 PM   #3
the white rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RichSV650
I was in need of a day like today, starting to get withdrawal symptoms from being off the bike so long. I managed 125mile round trip without one spot of rain and every minute was brill, even managed to get rid of those chicken stripes a little .Started off with a ride through Cheddar Gorge then to Minehead, Blue Ancor then home, saw plenty bikes out and a few SV's. Hope everyone else got a ride today, can't see too many more dry ones for abit!!
You were lucky. I dodged one shower and when got home it was blustery showers on and off all afternoon out coast way
Old 14-01-07, 07:45 PM   #4
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Yep, I managed to make a quick trip to Bolton for a new relay into a 2 hour blast around the hills between Bolton, Darwen and Blackburn. Wow, what a day, I was literally giggling in my helmet riding over the tops of the moors with clear views all the way to north Wales, the pennines and down into Mancs ville.
Set me up for my last night really well it did!
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-07, 08:25 PM   #5
wheelnut

My Volvo is in for MOT so having to use the bike for work as well.

But today I had a good blast around the local lanes, did about 120 miles and went nowhere :P

Roads were dry as a bone, wind had dropped and apart from a scary moment when I found some diesel on two mini roundabouts. I enjoyed myself.
Old 14-01-07, 08:47 PM   #6
thor

I couldn't get out!
Old 14-01-07, 09:38 PM   #7
Warren

had great weather along with a great ride
Old 14-01-07, 09:59 PM   #8
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Serviced the bike and carried on with cutting the huge tree in the garden . A couple more weekends(dry) work and that should be finished. Then I can think of playing.

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-07, 10:50 PM   #9
Beenz

I went out for a blat as well today, only a fine shower over the 100 or so mile ride. This was probably the best rideout I've had for many weeks. Went from Chippenham via Malmesbury to Cirencester to Stow and on to Moreton for (believe it or not) a pot of tea and a tostaed tea cake. So much for the old bad ass bikers of yeasteryear. I must (am) getting old I had fun though steatching the bikes legs a tad.
Old 14-01-07, 10:55 PM   #10
Baph

I was out playing on the A5/A470 today. Damn it's nice when the sun shines, but I think I'm needing a rear tyre as the back was squirming around in corners.

Either that, or I'm too hard on the throttle coming out of bends

No idea of the milage I covered, mainly as I don't care