SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-03-07, 09:02 PM   #1
busasean

Default new bike!(Triumph 1050 tiger)

On Saturday i went and collected my new super commuter! the transalp has just turned 2 yrs old and the free servicing deal ended, so i decided to sell the transalp and buy a new Triumph 1050 tiger for work. bloody brilliant! photo's to follow.
Old 11-03-07, 10:44 PM   #2
amnesia

Default Re: new bike!(Triumph 1050 tiger)

My brother works for a Triumph dealer and I went to the launch day a couple of weeks ago.

I would have taken one out for a test ride - but it was an inch too tall for me to be comfortable with!

...so to console myself I took a lime green Speed Triple (with Arrow 3-1 exhaust) out instead...

The Tiger has got some great reviews so I am sure you will enjoy it!
Old 11-03-07, 11:59 PM   #3
rob13

I really like both the speed triple and the tiger, however as nice as the tiger looks, i think it appeals to a slightly older audience than me at the moment.

Would love to get a test ride on both though, something which i may look into later in the year
Old 12-03-07, 05:33 AM   #4
busasean

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
I really like both the speed triple and the tiger, however as nice as the tiger looks, i think it appeals to a slightly older audience than me at the moment.

Would love to get a test ride on both though, something which i may look into later in the year

i'm only 37!
Old 12-03-07, 08:31 AM   #5
the white rabbit

Funny thing tho. Powerful bike, really throw it around, great riding position, probably waste sportbikes on real road twisties and yet these type of things are old guys bikes in UK. Not so elsewhere. Something about the UK...like many other strange things
Old 12-03-07, 09:42 AM   #6
wyrdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich View Post
Funny thing tho. Powerful bike, really throw it around, great riding position, probably waste sportbikes on real road twisties and yet these type of things are old guys bikes in UK. Not so elsewhere. Something about the UK...like many other strange things
I am no longer sure what an 'old guys bike' is. I was in Stratford-upon-Avon yesterday and there were a lot of sports bikes around. Mostly ridden by balding middle-aged guys. No offence to the large number of balding middle-aged guys on the forum - I expect that I'll be joining you soon enough!

And congratulations to Busasean on his choice of new bike. At this rate, us Triumph riders will soon be outnumbering the SV crowd.

Last edited by wyrdness; 12-03-07 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-03-07, 09:48 AM   #7
rob13

Well to be honest, if you're not an everyday all weathers rider, there doesnt appear to be that many 20 something riders kicking about. A lot of the meets i end up at, i'm the youngest by some margin at 25. Ive tried encouraging mates but theyre all too mortal to get on a bike
Old 12-03-07, 12:00 PM   #8
Ceri JC

The new tiger is superb. I really liked it, most of all I was suprised by how fun such an outwardly practical looking bike was. Hope you have lots of fun with it busean!

EDIT: As robchester says, I am 25 too and usually the youngest rider in the groups of people I ride with. I also fancy a speed triple, too.

Last edited by Ceri JC; 12-03-07 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-03-07, 12:09 PM   #9
Warthog

I followed an old guy on an R90 BMW boxer, had to pull up next to him at traffic lights to tell him he had forgotten to cancel his indys for the past 5 side roads
Old 12-03-07, 12:11 PM   #10
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich View Post
Look, are you knockin' us guys with a mid life crisis again ?

I may be 45 but I'm much younger because I ride a sports bike.... In an event to appear younger still, I'm considering going back to a 600 (new '07 600RR). My wife keeps telling me to buy a retro or a Beamer and slow down a bit.... But what does she know

Dean, nice bike the new Tiger, but I just can't touch the ground on these types of bike and still can't really get the hang of NOT going through the traffic head first. Maybe I need to see a shrink or something....