SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-04-07, 08:53 PM   #1
xbox650

Question American PCIII USB !!! HELP !!!

I have recently purchased a power commander for my sv650s k4 . I am having problems with a flat spot between 2000 and 4000 in the low gears and hoped this would sort it . I have a scorpion can and k&n filter , they have been installed from new with no remapping done . My problem is this . I purchased the PC from ebay in the USA as it was £155 new and with shipping . I have removed and reconnected the in-line blocks under the air box . However , the instructions then go on to say that the TPS connector should be removed and replaced with one from the PC . All I have left is a single grey wire with a spade connector crimped on and not a third connector block . Have I been sold a duff . Is the block missing . Are american connections different . And where does that bloody grey wire go ?
The bike seems to be running and the PC powers up OK . I am concerned as to whether I am getting the best out of it or not .
Some please help me I'm very confused.
Old 03-04-07, 05:52 PM   #2
xbox650

Default Re: American PCIII USB !!! HELP !!!

Has anyone got a full UK spec power commander for the SV650s 2004 . If so , can you tell me about it's connections and how you fitted it please ?
Old 05-04-07, 01:20 PM   #3
bobit69

You should have one wire connected to the Fuel Injection unit... (clips round the wire) then a spade connector goes into that.

The others should be a direct replacement for the main wires (big block connector) and then the wire to the battery!

Hope this helps
Old 05-04-07, 05:00 PM   #4
xbox650

Well it's Eater weekend so I've time to explore the bike and get it sorted . Then I can use the bike to explore . You say the wire fits round it , do I have to plice any thing . Can you please explain in a bit more detail about where the wire goes . This will be the biggest thing I've ever done With my bike . All my other mods are just OEM direct replacements . I am very aprehensive about doing this , just in case I bugger things up . Any futher help will be invaluable to me .
Cheers mate .
Old 05-04-07, 05:01 PM   #5
xbox650

What are you up to this weekend ?
Old 05-04-07, 06:27 PM   #6
Pedrosa

If all connections correct, it might be that you having to download different fuel maps in order to experiment to get best results from PC.HTH
Old 07-04-07, 10:45 PM   #7
xbox650

After a lot of digging I found it to be the pink and white wire on the TPS . Its finally up and running fine . Ihave set the throttle positions and loaded in a map for the closest to my set up . I am going out to play for the full day tomorrow . Many miles will be done around many twisty corners . Ill keep you updated as to how it works out .