SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-02-09, 09:27 PM   #71
zsv650

Default Re: Suzuki's SV Top Case

ebay it steve usually load's of seats on there.
Old 23-02-09, 09:31 PM   #72
FG1

It is a pointy seat he has...............
Old 21-03-09, 11:51 PM   #73
Ceri JC

Quick update; just fitted an identical setup to FG1's, I'm more than impressed. Very quick/easy to set up and dirt cheap at under £100 all in, including a new rear seat in better nick than my own! Feels nice and stable, much more so than the ones out on arms on most bikes. Looks as good as a top box can (still ****ing hideous ) and my laptop bag just fits in there, so ideal for work. Ta for all the help advice folks. Will post back my findings after a few thousand miles with it all in place.

I'll probably still get the sw motech and a spare plate for touring with soft panniers and the other half in the summer, but this should be more than adequate for work for the meantime.
Old 31-03-09, 09:07 AM   #74
Ceri JC

1200 miles on, I'm sure I made the right choice. Seems to be 100% waterproof, even when overloaded to the point it needs to be bent about to close properly. I can fit a big laptop rucksac, a skypak 122ltr holdall, a suit and two days changes of clothes and a pair of smart shoes in there. The Monolock system is great, very fast to fit/remove the box, sub 10 seconds. It's not 100% rock solid stable, but then, nothing I've seen (other than built into the fairing ones on massive tourers) has been. Definately more secure than the usual, 'out on arms' mounts. In terms of aerodynamics, filtering width and handling, I often forget it's there.

I will still probably get the SWMotech rack and a spare mounting plate for use when touring two up or when I have to carry loads and need a tent/similar across the pillion seat. I can get that when the weather improves enough that the other half will want to come out on it.
Old 25-05-09, 07:54 PM   #75
stevie16v

Has anyone done this on a curvy? IM looking at it just now,Might order the parts this week, Just want to see how secure it is Also, is there a way of tightening the pillion seat slightly. When its locked on, i can wiggle it a wee bit. Not much tho
Old 01-03-10, 10:27 AM   #76
Ceri JC

Anyone looking to do this might want to consider buying my setup:
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...30#post2197730
Old 20-03-10, 09:52 PM   #77
cbay
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonadoll View Post

A couple of pics of mine fitted.
I have this one which I bought off shonadoll, but I do hate having to unbolt the back part etc when I need to look pretty / put the pillion seat on.

I might do the pillion DIY job but is it pretty secure as I commute 40miles into London which involves filtering (ALOT OF!) I want to make sure its secure.
cbay is offline   Reply With Quote