SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Hardware Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 25-07-07, 09:04 AM   #1
Kinvig

Default Gold coloured chain lube

As a rule of thumb, I always lube my chain when it's warm i.e. after a ride, either once a week or when I've just filled the tank.

Recently tried that wax stuff on the chain but didn't like it as it was quite hard to see if you've lubed all the chain.

I popped down infiniti to peruse their wares & came across Gold Lube. This seemed like a great idea as I would know if I've missed a bit when lubing the chain.

WRONG!

It's think & sprays everywhere. I put up some cardboard to stop it spraying all over the back wheel. After finishing lubing I looked at my driveway it was covered in gold. My side stand is now golden. After my daily commute gold has been flicked all over the back of my bike!

At least I didnt' buy that white ceramic stuff as it would look like the undercoat was showing thru my paint work.
Old 25-07-07, 11:17 AM   #2
Sosha

Default Re: Gold coloured chain lube

right then..... that's off my to do list.... bought some halfords chain Wax stuff which is visible and seems to stay put.... not that I've looked too closely
Old 25-07-07, 11:23 AM   #3
Jester666

I use this.

Castrol Chain wax. Turns the chain white but....

No fling at all!
Old 27-07-07, 09:41 AM   #4
Moffatt666

I think I'll stick to gearbox oil.
Old 01-08-07, 06:04 AM   #5
yzf

you should try Wurth High Performance Dry Chain Lube this was Awarded Ride Magazines Best Buy award January 2006. I have tryed loads of different chain lubes and waxes an this has been the best by a mile, no fling off it drys clear no mess you can see where you have sprayed it for the first minute so you can see what you have done.
Old 01-08-07, 08:26 AM   #6
G
Mega Poster

PJ1 I use, its awsome stuff, clear with absolutely no fling at all.
Old 01-08-07, 08:55 AM   #7
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzf View Post
you should try Wurth High Performance Dry Chain Lube this was Awarded Ride Magazines Best Buy award January 2006. I have tryed loads of different chain lubes and waxes an this has been the best by a mile, no fling off it drys clear no mess you can see where you have sprayed it for the first minute so you can see what you have done.
I think its the "Profli" (?) version/brand I use. Get it from HeinGericke. Puts a teflon coat on chain. Brilliant stuff but you do need to keep your chain clean. I clean it maybe twice a month (bike used everyday).

Top product.
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-07, 01:20 PM   #8
Heed

Has anyone tried the new renthal chain lube yet? I've seen it advertised but haven't seen a review yet.

Old 06-08-07, 01:30 PM   #9
Viney
Mega Poster

SCOTTOILER

Nuff said
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-07, 02:38 PM   #10
chazzyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
It's think & sprays everywhere. I put up some cardboard to stop it spraying all over the back wheel. After finishing lubing I looked at my driveway it was covered in gold. My side stand is now golden. After my daily commute gold has been flicked all over the back of my bike!
It'll probably wash off with some golden rain!