SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   The TV Mini Mehga thread. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=95214)

Stig 06-01-08 07:37 AM

Re: <tumbleweed>

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1379341)
I'm off for s spin tomorrow...all the way to Maidenhead. :rolleyes:

Talking of Maidenhead, is there a rule that you can't park your bike at the Nicholson centre multi-story? Some ****ing jobsworth keeps putting stickers on my bike. I wouldn't care, but it takes twenty minutes to get the adhesive off.

Oh well, i'll park there tomorrow anyway.

Put a note on yer bike which says 'Don't put stickers on my bike as a punch in the face often offends'.

tonyk 06-01-08 09:30 AM

Re: The TV Mini Mega thread.

a certain person did mentioned he sort of knew of the place to go to......

my bad ?:smt104

leaving thing apart whens the next ride ?

Stig 06-01-08 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyk (Post 1379399)
whens the next ride ?

No idea. I don't tend to ride much at weekends. Perils of a young family. Although I do intend to get out more often than last year. The last ride with you was the 2nd of the year. :sad:

I'm quite happy to go out for weekday rides, but it would seem the majority of the TV crew are scared of the dark. :rolleyes:

StreetHawk 06-01-08 10:58 AM

I'll be up for midweek rides as soon as the days last longer.. Must admit I don't like riding in the dark, need to wear glasses which don't fit very well with a helmet on :-(

flibble 06-01-08 12:17 PM

May join too if that's kewl. But probably when it gets lighter aswell... we did a few rides in Nov after work but was mostly in the dark and that wasn't as much fun.

Am still waiting to go out today. Dan's trying to sell his car, so hopefully if guy picks it up soon we can go for one. Day looks awesome out there!

ASM-Forever 06-01-08 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluethunder (Post 1379344)
How can there a wrong time, you just have to take more care that is all and allow more time to get where ur going....

I have to disagree with you and the ape here, if its really cold/icy then riding a bike is ****!

Stig 06-01-08 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1379804)
I have to disagree with you and the ape here, if its really cold/icy then riding a bike is ****!

If you say so. :smt102

ASM-Forever 06-01-08 09:44 PM

I too went out for a blast today. Mostly A roads, but i thought i'd do some technical B's on the way back, to ensure i embaress the ape. :p

I was on a NSL and i was behind a volvo. I was thinking that it was probably a traffic car, but after seeing no fluorescent jackets, decided to overtake. It did turn out to be a police car as i saw the driver as i passed. By this time i was already well on the way to a tonne, so pressed on anyway. He must have had better things to do. \\:D/

ASM-Forever 06-01-08 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe (Post 1379812)
If you say so. :smt102

IMHO.

Better now mein fuhrer?

philbut 06-01-08 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1379804)

It's not as easy and you can't go as quick but it's even more of a challange, so it's kind cool if you don't mind getin cold fingers! I've been readin "a twist of the wrist" and this damp weather is perfect for practicing suppressing your "survival reactions" (which are a bad thing aparently). I did 300 miles in the wet this weekend and tried to get the back end to spin on every roundabout - i'd need new tyres very quickly if I tried that in the summer! don't get me wrong, I much prefer a sunny day and dry road, but winter riding can be good too.