SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Hey Greg, dont lock posts just because you dont agree! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=56296)

Allie 19-11-04 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldyman
See, the power of free speech...........you know it's worth challenging to keep it :)

Oh! You are so challenging with your behaviour :lol:

No more!

:-#

Baldyman 19-11-04 07:23 PM

Quote:

Oh! You are so challenging with your behaviour
Attempting to reduce it to a personal level will not make it go away :wink:

RenamedMonkey 19-11-04 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesimons
See what you've gone and done now Monkey :lol: :wink:

LMHO :lol: It's great, another two sucked in!

Big Ape: If it's annoying you, stop reading it, and stay out of the debate, it's free to leave!

rukus: shut the door behind you!

Lee: I know I should stop winding them up, my instinct says 'no more', but the voices are so loud now... :lol:

DeeJay 19-11-04 11:21 PM

Having played a part in this thread... i have to say that i am getting bored with this now.... it started off about ideas not being taken on board with Admin... now it is just getting to be people Bitching at others.... Yes there are arguments for both sides... and yes both sides think they are correct... but as i discussed with Ape tonight... if the logo offends your eyes.. don't look at it... i won't be... and as he said... if you don't like the way the site is going... put up with it or leave!

I for one can already see that this topic is starting to rip this site apart... you have admin and others against the rest... this is a forum we all use for something we love... biking.. and our SV (and other bikes)... but this is getting ridiculous now....this site really has changed this year... As Ape pointed out.. the amount of chat about the SV is very small against the amount of other topics... and i for one would like to see that change...

I have been thinking about this all night since my talk with Ape... and i must say that i am starting to realise that we HAVE had alot of say when it comes to the site... we got Idle Banter... Review sections... Photo section... Individual meet sections.... and look where it has got the site... it is more like a bloody chat forum that a bike forum...

So after my deep thought tonight... my stance has changed... Greg... you are in hand over from Admin... so Admin the site the way you like... people will either respect and follow... or Leave... i for one will follow... but please... get this site back to what it used to be!

This is my last post on this topic.

(This post is not bitching about anyone... and is just my view!!)

amarko5 19-11-04 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeJay
if you don't like the way the site is going... put up with it or leave!

the thought has crossed my mind :?

the amount of chat about the SV is very small against the amount of other topics... and i for one would like to see that change...

here here =D>

get this site back to what it used to be!

Agreed wholeheartedly :!: (even back to the old and very good logo) IMHO

Baldyman 20-11-04 10:29 AM

I agree, to all those on one side who spoke up for a principle and to those on the other who brought it down to a personal level :grouphug:
A love of biking is the common ground here :)

mattSV 20-11-04 11:23 AM

SHUT UP AND RIDE :x

Baldyman 20-11-04 11:30 AM

Nice contribution at the end mattSV :wink:

Jabba 20-11-04 01:37 PM

*Wakes up & yawns*

Oh.......... crikey.........is this thread still going? :roll:

*Goes back to sleep*

admin 20-11-04 04:56 PM

Everytime I wander away from the site for a while, mayhem breaks out.

I was dismayed to see this and related threads on my return. I thought that Greg's new Logo was different but I knew it would be controvertial, so it proved. I was dismayed by the way that people expressed their opinion, the word tackless springs to mind.

Greg said he locked the original thread because it was going in a circle, and it was. Maybe he was also upset? I wouldn't blame him.

Some people think that this site belongs to the readers. It doesn't. The owner could take away his server tomorrow. I could also just walk away.

I've always tried to be reasonable and democratic in the running of this site. I am willing to listen to the view of the readership and make a judgement on that feedback but I cannot run this site on a commitee basis.

I'll speak to Greg during the week and we'll discuss where we go from here.

John