SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   The Org Bar, Pull up a chair and share. What're you drinking? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=209734)

Kenzie 26-03-19 07:53 PM

Re: The Org Bar, Pull up a chair and share. What're you drinking?

Hmmm and they are doing Strawberry and Cream.

https://brotherscider.co.uk/blogs/bl...a-violet-cider

maviczap 07-04-19 08:50 PM

A present for my wifes 50th birthday. Not as moorish as the rhubarb & ginger, but nice all the same

https://live.staticflickr.com/7803/4...a5a8d65b_c.jpgIMG_0488 by maviczap, on Flickr

Chris_SVS 10-05-19 07:54 PM

Big Bro highly recommended a fine little whiskey from LIDL (of all places) called Dundalgan, couldn't remember which one so I ended up with this https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLi...rticleId=15795

I may be struck by lightning for saying this, it's highly drinkable

Stingo 06-06-19 10:42 AM

Add a dash of St Germain to your gin and tonic if you want it with a hint of elderflower. It's more delishisher than tonic with elderflower.

Heorot 27-08-19 03:18 PM

Côtes du Rhône Villages from Aldi. Reduced from 5.69 to 4.99.

Really enjoyed this excellent red. I have always liked Cote de Rhône and this is a really lovely example.Very smooth with just the right balance of fruit and acidity.Not over tannic. I would definitely recommend this.

Brettus 27-08-19 07:24 PM

Had some unfortunate (overdue) failures which caused a decent portion of havoc. Just finished 22.5 hours on site and awake for 37 so far. Thought I’d chill down with some mixers and rest up :-) delicious combinations. Raspberry was a real winner.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a8bf62996d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7487fcf078.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bibio 14-09-19 11:56 PM

i dont like wine but i'm getting there.. so far my faves are cabernet sauvignon and rioja and merlot.

btw one glass and i'm anybody's.. lol

suggestions?

what i have nioticed is paying £8 a bottle brings a whole lot more that £5 a bottle but lets face it who care about the cost.. i just want nice.

andrewsmith 15-09-19 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3108167)
i dont like wine but i'm getting there.. so far my faves are cabernet sauvignon and rioja and merlot.

btw one glass and i'm anybody's.. lol

suggestions?

what i have nioticed is paying £8 a bottle brings a whole lot more that £5 a bottle but lets face it who care about the cost.. i just want nice.

Look for shy pig. It's a decent white for a fiver

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Bri w 19-01-20 11:56 PM

Soberano, a lovely Spanish brandy. At €9 a bottle too.

shiftin_gear98 20-01-20 08:14 AM

Nothing so far this year - Dry Jan - It sucks.

Bibio 09-07-20 08:04 PM

been doing a lot of drinking lately.

nookiebroon.. i have not drank this in years but got a few bottles and let them get very cold in the fridge (only way to drink it) and have noticed that its not the same and to me it tastes watered down. this used to be like many other bikers, drink of the day. i have very fond memories of sitting in the peartree pub (a regular haunt) in edinburgh drinking this stuff all day as a youth.

my new indulgence is Innis and Gunn lager and i must say for a new micro its bloody good.

TamSV 10-07-20 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3117498)
been doing a lot of drinking lately.

nookiebroon.. i have not drank this in years but got a few bottles and let them get very cold in the fridge (only way to drink it) and have noticed that its not the same and to me it tastes watered down. this used to be like many other bikers, drink of the day. i have very fond memories of sitting in the peartree pub (a regular haunt) in edinburgh drinking this stuff all day as a youth.

my new indulgence is Innis and Gunn lager and i must say for a new micro its bloody good.

Aye it’s not what it used to be. Made nowhere near Newcastle nowadays. Some big firm bought the brand. Like a lot of things, it’s just a name that used to mean something. Sad.

Get yourself onto www.sixdnorth.co.uk 20% discount with 6DN20 at checkout. Making some cracking beers in Aberdeenshire. The Peleton Pilsner is so easy drinking it jumps out the fridge and pours itself doon yer throat. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bibio 10-07-20 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamSV (Post 3117517)
Aye it’s not what it used to be. Made nowhere near Newcastle nowadays. Some big firm bought the brand. Like a lot of things, it’s just a name that used to mean something. Sad.

Get yourself onto www.sixdnorth.co.uk 20% discount with 6DN20 at checkout. Making some cracking beers in Aberdeenshire. The Peleton Pilsner is so easy drinking it jumps out the fridge and pours itself doon yer throat. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i would love to support Scottish brewing but they are all TTP, nearly £3 a 330ml bottle + delivery.. fek right aff. its the same with Broughton Ales and others, i can buy it in the supermarket for £1.50 but straight from brewer is nearly double the price.... ermm no.

now if i see them in the supermarket then i will try them and ta for the heads up.

call me tight fisted :smt016

littleoldman2 27-12-20 11:04 PM

Holy thread resurrection.
As you may know I struggle with drinking, but tonight I'm having a 1:4 Glenfiddich Experimental Series #02 and water. A rare treat.

gadget 28-12-20 04:56 PM

Glen Ord ... just THE best scotch EVER.

Luckypants 28-12-20 05:02 PM

This Christmas I've been enjoying Macallan 18yo, Mortlach 16yo and Ardbeg Coryvreken. Each sublime in their own way. Unfortunately I finished the Springbank for my birthday in November.

Bibio 28-12-20 06:44 PM

i dont know how people can drink that vile gut rot they call whisky. especially that disgusting stuff called laphroaig, its as vile tasting as parsons nose.

Innis & Gunn Lager (green and gold) its not bad.

garynortheast 26-10-21 07:08 PM

A bottle of Crabbies Ginger Beer. Very nice.

Seeker 26-10-21 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3132847)
A bottle of Crabbies Ginger Beer. Very nice.

So, who were you in the Famous Five? :)

... and how's Timmy?

Bibio 26-10-21 09:12 PM

i do love a crabbies now and again, great with roast chicken.

i dont particularly like english ales due to the use of lots of bittering hops (covering up bad brewing) but i have gotten a taste for Doom Bar by Sharpes lately. for an english ale its bloody good and more like a scottish 70d/special.

garynortheast 26-10-21 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 3132848)
So, who were you in the Famous Five? :)

I was Scrotum, the wrinkled family retainer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker (Post 3132848)
... and how's Timmy?

He was very tasty with a few roast spuds.

Craig380 27-10-21 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3132849)
more like a scottish 70d/special.

The pub I used to work at MANY years ago was a Scottish & Newcastle, and used to have their 80' on draught. That was a lovely pint.

redtrummy 27-10-21 08:26 AM

The dreaded Doombar! Used to be ok but the mighty Coors got hold of it - built a new brewery and cheapened the drink. Several pubs round here have had it taken out, and my favourite one now serves TT Landlord instead - now theres a good beer.

Bottled Doombar is brewed by Marstons in Burton - dont rate the cask or bottled but each to there own!

Bottled 22 bottles of redcurrant wine yesterday - always a success, got 32pints of St Peters IPA nearly ready to do the same so that should do me until after Christmas.

Sir Trev 27-10-21 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3132850)

He was very tasty with a few roast spuds.

That's scary talk from a vegan!!

gadget 27-10-21 05:40 PM

Glen Ord ... just the best scotch ever!

garynortheast 27-10-21 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Trev (Post 3132874)
That's scary talk from a vegan!!

It only happens on a full moon!