SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2009 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Ride to the AR (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=124601)

fizzwheel 30-01-09 09:17 PM

Re: Ride to the AR

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcdef (Post 1766553)
So what about on the ride out itself??

thats why its a slow paced rideout, actually we did have a small spot of bother this year from the police, but they left us alone in the end.

TBH cross that bridge when or if we come across it...

Rideout wont get posted on the forum, you dont need to worry about getting lost every junction will be marked.

chompy 30-01-09 11:30 PM

what is the date of the rideou then? is it 1-2 august i didnt think the date had been comfirmed.

chris8886 31-01-09 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzwheel (Post 1766838)
thats why its a slow paced rideout, actually we did have a small spot of bother this year from the police, but they left us alone in the end.

TBH cross that bridge when or if we come across it...

Rideout wont get posted on the forum, you dont need to worry about getting lost every junction will be marked.

did we? i never spotted one copper the whole weekend (that i can remember!).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messie (Post 1766699)
Ummmm what more do you need in terms of details??

The date, venure and cost are sorted. The route will be shown to you on the day. Ok we're still sorting breakfast but sat eveing food will be there.

:confused::p

look at that spelling from an english teacher!! awful :p

fizzwheel 31-01-09 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris8886 (Post 1767163)
did we? i never spotted one copper the whole weekend (that i can remember!).

Yep, I pulled out of the start point and was at the front as I was leading and there was a policeman on the A303 he stopped to speak to Liz who was supposed to take pictures of you all as you peeled off the A303 on the quiet back roads and then chucked a mental at her about 80 odd bikes going past him in a manner that he wasnt very happy about.

Didnt help that he parked in a daft place and blocked the marker that I'd left on the junction and it meant some last minute moves were carried out and he wasnt very happy about it.

fizzwheel 31-01-09 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chompy (Post 1767082)
what is the date of the rideou then? is it 1-2 august i didnt think the date had been comfirmed.

it has,

thread here

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=122642

chris8886 01-02-09 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzwheel (Post 1767246)
Yep, I pulled out of the start point and was at the front as I was leading and there was a policeman on the A303 he stopped to speak to Liz who was supposed to take pictures of you all as you peeled off the A303 on the quiet back roads and then chucked a mental at her about 80 odd bikes going past him in a manner that he wasnt very happy about.

Didnt help that he parked in a daft place and blocked the marker that I'd left on the junction and it meant some last minute moves were carried out and he wasnt very happy about it.

my observation skills must've been attending something else that precise point in time! :rolleyes: nothing bad ever came of liz's run-in with old bill there though did it?

fizzwheel 01-02-09 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris8886 (Post 1768171)
my observation skills must've been attending something else that precise point in time! :rolleyes: nothing bad ever came of liz's run-in with old bill there though did it?

No he just ranted at her and then told her to be on her way, he followed the rideout for a little while, and then went on his merry way.

Alpinestarhero 02-02-09 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messie (Post 1763824)
OMG NO!!

Although I can see the WOW factor of the Pied Piper effect I really couldn't cope with you all turning up at once.

I have plans y'know!! Dribs 'n drabs works best!

If soho organisation is anything liek alst year, we'll all agree to meet at a given place at a given time on a given day, then split up into smaller groups, then all have differant routes and then end up coming all seperatly but along the same route and arriving at differant times

Me and maria shall probably come alone, or at least arrive alone if we did set of with any soho'ers, given that i expect they will arrive quicker than me and maria :mrgreen:

madness 02-02-09 07:02 PM

I need some input from those of you who know the area.

What is the best way to approach Althorne from the North West (say Cambridge-ish) with regard to best biking roads?