SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Ecosse (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   GMX - The Applecross Edition 8th to 10th Sept 2017 (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=224881)

Terah 13-01-17 02:52 PM

Re: Gm10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3060987)
fek me he's alive :D

Mostly. :)

A very poor year for me last year but intend to be out a bit more this year.

Missed you all.

Bibio 13-01-17 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combatfred (Post 3061033)
Bettyhill........is it just the hotel for accommodation?

yes there are caravans across the road and various B&B available.

the hotel owner is a nice guy so are the locals. when booking last year he offered to give phone numbers or more reasonably priced accommodation across the road.

£45-50 each a night wont break the bank. its usually my only holiday of the year so ermm i dont mind.

the hotel is very biker friendly with a good bar and loads of room and also a pool table. the only gripe that was given was the breakfasts are a bit meagre. breakfasts dont bother me that much as i dont really eat them. ooohhh and no live music till 3am in fact no live music so you can have a chat without resorting to shouting at each other. i always find live music at pubs/hotels is antisocial but thats my opinion.

i would say that bettyhill hotel is much better for the money than mcdonald duck.

they get fully booked early in the year.

Bibio 13-01-17 04:26 PM

ooohhh forgot to say.. i was supposed to be going to europe this year but that has had water thrown on the fire so its my usual up north then GM holiday again.

Tiger 55 13-01-17 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordward (Post 3061056)
He must have some internet access though because he still posts on other bike forums.

Good to know he's still out there somewhere, unlike people who just vanished without a trace, like Colinbal4. Or Stuartyboy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3061061)
the breakfasts are a bit meagre. breakfasts dont bother me that much as i dont really eat them.

Well I'll have yours then and that's that problem solved.

littleoldman2 13-01-17 10:29 PM

Of course everybody is welcome, of course they are, but there is no point making it Cornwall friendly when nobody comes further than Little Old Man. Having said that if LOM can't make Applecross/Bettyhill we should definitely have a rethink, he owes me a beer.[/QUOTE]

I hope to be there to buy it:D

andrewsmith 14-01-17 07:46 AM

I'm out this year again.
Bikeless and the next ones a restoration job

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

carelesschucca 14-01-17 11:01 AM

Ah burger. shame.

Look at all this discussion, I want this I want that, you never got that when it was a dictatorship, and we also got big crowds, totalitarian GMs are the way forward....

As Jim Morriston says BOOK IT AND THEY WILL COME!

Oh, I ain't organising it, done my time :-D

littleoldman2 14-01-17 06:55 PM

Right then here's my list of wants. I want a drink & chat with friends, a motorbike ride and another drink & chat with friends.

combatfred 14-01-17 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleoldman2 (Post 3061131)
Right then here's my list of wants. I want a drink & chat with friends, a motorbike ride and another drink & chat with friends.

Applecross fits that bill perfectly, so that's the venue.

GM10....The Applecross Edition

Date info to follow.

Fordward 14-01-17 07:08 PM

Can I request the 28th October please.

Either that or late May/early June.

I'll be up anyway both dates. One wee cousin having a baby due second week in May and the other one getting married in October (I lived with my Aunt growing up so they are more like Sisters).

(Marc, if you're reading this you know I wouldn't come up without telling you, will be in touch nearer the time).