SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Rideouts & Meetings (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Southend Shakedown + BBQ (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=147307)

Cazza 06-04-10 06:10 PM

Re: Southend Shakedown + BBQ

Big thanks to the Voxs for having us invade their (newly-carpeted) house once again.

The food was fantastic (and there was looooads of it) - thank you so much for feeding all of our hungry mouths.

I'm not sure what happened with the whole marking thing... I was on my corner for at least 30 mins.

There was a bunch of other bikes though, who I think were on a separate rideout, who seemed to clock me and then whiz up the road that I was marking. What could I do, except hope that Jonathon wasn't going to get 20 complete strangers turning up at his house!

I must say too that the copper in the unmarked BMW, who stopped to chat with me, couldn't have been nicer. He was happy for me to stay where I was (even though I was very close to the roundabout and just squeezed in at the side of the road), admired my DIY numberplate (thanks again Tony!) and ignored my (well, technically Saeed's) very loud can.

He said he'd had to reprimand some other bikers who'd been pulling wheelies and doing silly speeds. "No", I said, "that doesn't sound like my friends" (aka Those aren't the bikes you're looking for").

Unfortunately, during the time he was with me, none of the lost group showed up. Which is a shame, because he'd agreed to pretend to arrest me if I saw any of you coming :D.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for a really fun day - may there be many more this summer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rictus01 (Post 2235105)
Oh and nearly forgot Caz's buns, small perfectly formed and delicious ....... ;)

Why thank you.

Devil Biccy 06-04-10 09:02 PM

Echo everyone elses thoughts on a fab day and evening. As ever the Vox's b-b-q is always the first of the year for me. Great food Thanks Gail and Jonathan for having us all round. Lets have more rideouts this year preferably before July.

monkey 06-04-10 09:36 PM

Cazza you never mentioned that! The highlight of my marking was three cigarettes and a wee followed by the realisation that I could finish defrosting the sausages inside my jacket (which worked perfectly!).

I gave your boys those eggs Mr Vox but I checked with Mrs Vox first.

Supervox 06-04-10 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey (Post 2235835)
Cazza you never mentioned that! The highlight of my marking was three cigarettes and a wee followed by the realisation that I could finish defrosting the sausages inside my jacket (which worked perfectly!).

I gave your boys those eggs Mr Vox but I checked with Mrs Vox first.

Thank you !! :D

I guess what with one thing & another Mrs Vox had a memory lapse !

Stu 24-06-10 12:36 AM

Could probably unsticky this to avoid confusion.

oops I meant the link to this in soho -- see the confusion :lol:

Supervox 24-06-10 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2303531)
Could probably unsticky this to avoid confusion.

oops I meant the link to this in soho -- see the confusion :lol:

Good idea - I have PM'd Spidey & Sid Squid asking if they can do this.