SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   The TV Mini Mehga thread. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=95214)

ASM-Forever 20-12-07 01:36 AM

Re: The TV Mini Mega thread.

(Just keeping the thread alive so the ape doesn't complain)

Stig 20-12-07 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1369464)

(Just keeping the thread alive so the ape doesn't complain)

Good work young man. You may make 2IC yet. :lol:

stevehaskew 20-12-07 09:46 AM

My hands have just warmed up enough to type... I think I'm off to get some heated gloves later, or possibly tomorrow.

flibble 20-12-07 09:50 AM

hello hello... flibble here. How's everyone on this fine cold day? I chickened out and drove into work with the heater on full blast....

KnightRider 20-12-07 11:15 AM

Had to go to an interview this morning so I left at 5.30 am. Oh my lord was it cold. Had to do a bunch of psychometric testing and I was so cold that I could barely hold the pencil for the first test!

KnightRider 20-12-07 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1369679)
Had to go to an interview this morning so I left at 5.30 am. Oh my lord was it cold. Had to do a bunch of psychometric testing and I was so cold that I could barely hold the pencil for the first test!

PS - long John's rule

flibble 20-12-07 11:43 AM

Quote:

did you find out if you're a gifted candidate?

KnightRider 20-12-07 12:02 PM

Not yet. I think I flunked the maths test and aced the verbal reasoning. I only got a 3rd of the way through the maths (was too cold to think) but warmed up for the verbal and nearly finished it - its important to note that the tests are designed so that you wont finish them!

Warthog 20-12-07 01:26 PM

I have to ride to Bristol on Sunday for impending christmas, panniers full of presents and all.. I am taking bets on whether it will rain, snow, or just be friggin cold :-P.

ASM-Forever 20-12-07 05:08 PM

Quote:

I love psychometric testing...its the biggest mugging going. It makes me laugh that increasing importance is placed on it.

Aside from aptitude tests, i like the ones that are meant to determine what sort of person you are;

"you see a bag full of kittens floating down the river...do you:

A: wade in and save them
B: let them drift past...entirely apathetic
C: throw a series of boulders to help them on there way"

IMHO give the candidates a relevant business task/problem and get them to find a solution, then present the hell out of it. :smt023