SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   A bit of a sesiwn (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=240370)

garynortheast 28-05-22 08:48 PM

A bit of a sesiwn

This is what some of us get up to on a Sunday evening. The flute player and the fiddle player with the blue hair are my twin daughters, Sioned and Eleri. I have my very best accordeon playing face on!

**edit**
Just for those who like to know about these things, the four tunes are Rhisiart Annwyl (Sweet Richard) / Meillionen (a version arranged but flute player Ceri Rhys Mathews) / Hen Meillionen / The Roaring Hornpipe.

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

embee 28-05-22 09:48 PM

Re: A bit of a sesiwn

:drink:

:thumright:

Geodude 29-05-22 06:03 AM

Talented and awesome :cool: :D

Craig380 29-05-22 08:28 AM

Good stuff, got a real groove going there :D

redtrummy 29-05-22 03:57 PM

Enjoyed that Gary. You did well keeping the girls interested, at about 12 - 13 our son gave traditional music the two fingers, has indeed did many of our friends children. We have booked to see among others Tom McConville next Saturday.
Unfortunately I am musically inept, the brain and fingers do not coordinate, and the voice is crap too, - such is life.
You may not be well off but I think you are rich in many ways

Chris_SVS 29-05-22 04:10 PM

Daughter has good taste, Sabaton Tshirt :cool:

garynortheast 29-05-22 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_SVS (Post 3136876)
Daughter has good taste, Sabaton Tshirt :cool:

She's a big fan!

I'm so pleased I have daughters with such eclectic tastes.

Sir Trev 30-05-22 08:49 AM

Had to dig out my Win 10 laptop so I could watch this - my Android tablet does not have Flash apparently.

Sounded great Gary. Found my toe tapping a large box that lives under my desk to give it a bit of percussion it was that hypnotic. We never find ourselves in the right pub on the right night for this sort of session o our Welsh holidays. Happened 20 years ago too when we had a week in Ireland ahead of a mate's wedding - lots of music venues nearby but we missed all the live music nights.

redtrummy 30-05-22 05:41 PM

Been to several 'traditional music pubs' in Ireland, trouble is the Irish like to talk and not listen, and that p----- me off. BIL used to organise the Ballyshannon festival, I refused to go, it would have driven me up the wall. Although never professionally diagnosed I think I suffer from APD, (amongst other things)

Ruffy 30-05-22 10:21 PM

Very enjoyable - foot tapping stuff!:) There's something about higher tempo traditional folk/roots instrumental music that draws me in.

One of my regrets in life is that I didn't put the effort into getting to any sort of passable standard with any musical instrument. I guess drumming on the steering wheel while driving doesn't count!:wink:

(And I also write this with an electric guitar within arm's reach that no-one in the house knows how to play. So it's not as if we didn't give ourselves the opportunity - just been too damn lazy! But one day ... :rolleyes:)