SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Ride position K4 SVS (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=218485)

toshy595 17-07-15 07:14 PM

Ride position K4 SVS

Hi all I'm Andy a Newbie SV 650S K4 owner, passed test in Cyprus in March, after 20yrs outta saddle & that was a KX 125 Motor crosser, that I raced before children blah blah.... Any how my issue is with the ride position namely the bars, my throttle hand gets pins & needles after 10-12 mins & its not much fun continual clutching in to remove my right hand & shake blood into extremities.
Has anyone else had similar issues & resolved somehow by either adjusting clip on's or buying after market clips or something to fit straight bars? Any advise much appreciated as i love the bike but its killing me after a short period that's without touring Grrrr:(

Bibio 17-07-15 07:18 PM

Re: Ride position K4 SVS

gloves are too tight or you need to drop your elbows and grip with your knees. if its the sport model then you need to sit in a sport position.

toshy595 17-07-15 07:25 PM

Gloves perhaps but unlikely, tried dropped elbows but there already playing up by this point, grip with knee to, in order to remove weight from arms, it is a 2004 sport similar to the blue one pic'd, please elaborate on the sport position? Cheers Andy

Bibio 17-07-15 07:32 PM

arz up, head down, arms bent. might just be you getting your core muscles back in shape after such a long time. if your riding with bent arms then its your gloves, if your gloves are pressing against your finger tips then they are wrong. try riding without them and see what happens.

toshy595 17-07-15 07:43 PM

Thats ok tanking down the motorway, No offence mate but i had twenty yrs off from Biking, not led arzin, been in the Military for 15 my Abs are fine lmfao, The Gloves are if honest a sixe or 2 big but i'll try it thanks

Bibio 17-07-15 07:54 PM

no offence taken, this has been discussed before. the muscles you use on a bike are completely different to the ones you use training and it dont matter how fit you are. might just be finding the right position for yourself.

maviczap 17-07-15 08:05 PM

If all the above fails, then get some adjustable clip ons.

I found that I couldn't cope with the angle of the OEM clip ons.

Changing the angle of the brake & clutch lever can help

toshy595 17-07-15 09:00 PM

Yeah point taken different muscle memory, & mine have forgotten lol, at min i'm riding 60 miles a day on her, but fair weather im thinking had a slight front tyre slip on cow ****e on B road in rain where tractor pull of a farm, 50p 5p i can tell ya, was i thankful of the vee twin engine breaking....

Bibio 17-07-15 09:25 PM

and if that fails get a full blown comfort kit. it really does turn the Sport SV into a completely and better bike.

nutzboutbikes 17-07-15 09:33 PM

Moving the levers either up or down helps as it straightens the wrist whilst braking and clutching.
Tank pads would help you grip the tank with your legs.