SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Stuff Wanted (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Exhaust System Recommendation (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=238540)

Calix Lee 09-03-21 12:53 AM

Exhaust System Recommendation

Which motorcycle exhaust do you guys run on your 650? I intend to change the old one and install a new one.

Adam Ef 09-03-21 07:24 AM

Re: Exhaust System Recommendation

I had a Blue Flame Evo on mine when I owned it and it sounded and looked good and was lighter than the stock one. But it was missing the baffle and a bit too loud. If you get one make sure it comes with a baffle so you have the choice to quieten it down.

johnnyrod 09-03-21 09:07 PM

I've got a full Akrapovic system. The can is a bit beaten up and you have to repack it with fibreglass quite often, which is a PITA of drilling out stainless pop rivets, but it has a hella deep rumble. For the road I use a Quill can with mechanical baffle. It's ear-splitting if you take the baffle out, and basically no faster anyway.

kolu 09-03-21 09:27 PM

Does anyone tried the Black Widow 400 mm stainless exhaust? I'm quite thinking about getting it as it seems to be the cheapest road legal replacement exhaust and I'm kind of hoping it might be just a bit louder than OEM exhaust with baffle but not obnoxious like the 225 mm oval racing only Delkevic that came with my bike...

DJ123 10-03-21 06:51 PM

You'll notice a better engine response with the longer can. The engine likes/needs back pressure which a stubby can just doesn't give.
Look at pipewerx too for options.

svenrico 11-03-21 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolu (Post 3126045)
Does anyone tried the Black Widow 400 mm stainless exhaust? I'm quite thinking about getting it as it seems to be the cheapest road legal replacement exhaust and I'm kind of hoping it might be just a bit louder than OEM exhaust with baffle but not obnoxious like the 225 mm oval racing only Delkevic that came with my bike...

Is it cheaper than the GR MOTO road legal exhausts that feature on here ?
I haven't got one but they look ok.

svenrico 11-03-21 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calix Lee (Post 3126006)
Which motorcycle exhaust do you guys run on your 650? I intend to change the old one and install a new one.

I have a road legal Arrow exhaust in excellent used condition that I haven't got round to fitting yet , but it isn't as bulky as the original 2020 sv650 exhaust and presumably lighter.

kolu 11-03-21 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svenrico (Post 3126099)
Is it cheaper than the GR MOTO road legal exhausts that feature on here ?
I haven't got one but they look ok.

£120 for cheapest long Black Widow. Also, I don't think the edgy design of GR moto would fit with my SK3...

johnnyrod 11-03-21 09:09 PM

Length does increase back pressure but more of it means more restriction. The point of the length is like tuning an organ, it has to match the engine. Twins don't have screaming top end like fours so they suit longer exhaust systems.

svenrico 11-03-21 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolu (Post 3126124)
£120 for cheapest long Black Widow. Also, I don't think the edgy design of GR moto would fit with my SK3...

Better not let GR Moto see that !