SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Ecosse (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   My wee run today! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=74125)

Beaniebike 05-07-06 07:23 PM

My wee run today!

Thought I would pop in to tell you all about my wee pootle out today. I saty in Carfin, and went a wee pootle down to my parents place in Kilmarnock. Was such a scorching day (was ok at 80+ MPH though!!!) I on;y got the SV in Sept last year, and the way things have gone for me lately, I haven't had much of a chance to gvet out on her. However, In do feel that I'm kinda getting a better feel fro her now. All becoming a smoother ride nif you know what I mean. I'm also getting out of the mind set thagt she is difficult to get round corners. I had a CB500 for aboyt 5 years, and I now realsise what hard work she actually was. SV does all the work for you compaired to the CB... What I reallyu need to do is get my **** in gear and get some advanced training. I am sure that will do wonders for my confidence.

SVTONYB 05-07-06 11:08 PM

Glad somebody got out I was stuck at work in a room with no windows for about 5 hrs and the heat was stiffling :shock:

Are you coming out to play at the weekend hopefully the weather will be good then as well 8)

scooby2102 06-07-06 12:21 PM

Quote:

What I reallyu need to do is get my @rse in gear and get some advanced training. I am sure that will do wonders for my confidence.
Beanie, I know you live in Carfin but myself and Jim@55 (and sometimes ownieboy) are doin the IAM stuff with Glasgow South (I am in Carluke but take the bike to work on a Wed), even if I have to ride from Carluke to Newlands it only takes approx 45mins.

Have been on about 6 rides with them and can honestly say that the advice given is excellent and I do feel that it will make me a better rider.

Even watching some of these guys & gals is a good experience and the observed rides can last up to 3 hours/100 & odd miles, all for the princely sum of 2 quid per night.

Speak to Nutty and Carless as well, they observe for the Glasgow North Group, might be a wee bit nearer you.

Kilted Ginger 06-07-06 01:30 PM

scooby, where does the galsgow south meet?, i'll contact nutty to find out where galsgow north meets as well, IAM only do cages in my area. :driving: cheers

Anonymous 06-07-06 02:22 PM

glasgow north meet at mcdonald on crowe road which is near anniesland cross. they meet every wednesday at 630

colinbal4 06-07-06 06:54 PM

Scooby, please could you elaborate on the 2 quid per night? I thought you had to buy a "skill for life" package from IAM website at £85? Thats the only reason I haven't started it yet, I've spent so much money on the bike lately.

scooby2102 06-07-06 07:10 PM

Nutty, should you no be doon south :D

New bike awaiting on you as well :D , jammy beggar

Ginger - the Glasgow South peeps meet in the Morrisons carpark in Newlands (just off Kilmarnock Road)

Colin - yep, forgot about that, it was 75 as we signed up at the bikesafe night
Even at that, its still IMHO a bargain since thats about 6 x 3 hours run at 75 + 12 quid

The guys are really keen to get more people on board, was only me that turned up last night so had 2 observers all to myself

Beaniebike 07-07-06 04:02 PM

Oh, so can you just turn up then? I thought that you had to pre book sessions, kinda like a riding school... Does sound like the Glasgow North is a bit closer to me... So, does that mean I could come along this week Nutty?

carelesschucca 07-07-06 05:03 PM

Yes you can just turn up, I doubt I'll be there but there will be plenty of people there... You get the first run gratis to see what you think!!!

Beaniebike 09-07-06 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carelesschucca
Yes you can just turn up, I doubt I'll be there but there will be plenty of people there... You get the first run gratis to see what you think!!!

Hmmm....Think I will go along... I really do feel like I am a pile of poo on the bike. Need to do somthing about that, and I'm not going to get any better by just talking about doing something about it!