SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Ar08 (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=92577)

Baph 03-07-07 09:35 AM

Re: Ar08

Some people at the AR mentioned Wales as well, but that was ruled out for AR07 for not being central enough for everyone.

fizzwheel 03-07-07 09:40 AM

But not being central didnt seem to put off people this year especially with all that rain.

Just a thought.

Baph 03-07-07 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizzwheel (Post 1227852)
But not being central didnt seem to put off people this year especially with all that rain.

Just a thought.

My point exactly.

My personal opinion is that after a number of possible areas have been nominated, a poll be started. The winning area of the poll being the area that AR08 is held. Maybe wait a month or two to start planning AR08 though eh?

Personally, I'd prefer it NOT be Wales, since I live here. I'd prefer to ride roads I don't know as it's more of a challenge.

Skip 03-07-07 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baph (Post 1227795)
I know he said free camping, but IIRC, the hogroast option was at cost, not free.

Lets not take advantage of the man!!

:oops: Sorry, bad grammar on my part! I meant that we can camp for free and he was also able to supply a hogroast...

Is that better?! :p :lol:

fizzwheel 03-07-07 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baph (Post 1227857)
My point exactly.

My personal opinion is that after a number of possible areas have been nominated, a poll be started. The winning area of the poll being the area that AR08 is held. Maybe wait a month or two to start planning AR08 though eh?

IMHO it made it more of an organisational challenge doing it that way this year. I think it would be better to ask for people to step up and organise a route and a campsite etc etc, then when we have a few suggestions then put poll up and let people choose from those.

its all very well saying "The Lakes" or "Wales" but if nobody is going to actually organise the route etc then it always IMHO seems to come down to the same people having to sort stuff out.

It'd be better for next year for the people that organised this years to have a break and perhaps for other people to step up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go or a dig at anybody, I'm really glad despite the headaches and the weather that this years seems to have gone off so well and that everybody who made the effort enjoyed it.

Top job on the organising front I think to.

Baph 03-07-07 09:53 AM

Skip, much better, just didn't want Viper to get the wrong idea. ;)

Fizzwheel, mainly because it is the same people putting the effort in time & time again I'm more than happy to put some effort in to planning something. Although plans will be pretty vague until it's confirmed, wouldn't want to go to a crap load of effort only for it not to be used.

I reckon it'd be good to give the usual organisers a bit of a rest, partly as a thank you for all their previous effort.

Treacle 03-07-07 09:59 AM

How about having an egg n spoon race or a sack race? School sports day kind of thing you know.

fizzwheel 03-07-07 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treacle (Post 1227880)
How about having an egg n spoon race or a sack race? School sports day kind of thing you know.

With Jelly and Ice Cream for the winners ? :D

Treacle 03-07-07 10:04 AM

See Fizz I think were on the same wave lenght here. ;-)

Viney 03-07-07 10:05 AM

I vote for South Wales. I know a great campsite in Hay on wye, and already have a 130mileish rideout on paper.

So thats that then.

Good idea Treac's, or Motorbike football!!