SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Recruitment consultants (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=98636)

KnightRider 17-10-07 09:56 AM

Recruitment consultants

Can anyone recommend any IT recruitment consultants in the area. Am in desperate need of a new job that is a little closer to home.

Jon

SoulKiss 17-10-07 10:35 AM

Re: Recruitment consultants

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1315996)
Can anyone recommend any IT recruitment consultants in the area. Am in desperate need of a new job that is a little closer to home.

Jon

Thats the old fashioned way Jon.

Get your CV up on PlanetRecruit and Monster and let them come to you.

Also worth setting up a search and checking it daily

Its what I am doin at the moment - had 3 interviews already this week after a quieter 1st week.

Blackjack 17-10-07 04:16 PM

Recruitment consultants are spawn of the devil ,liars ,cheats , loathsome spotted reptiles , ,the sort of people who would boil up odious biriani,s at three o clock in the morning , self confessed players of the pink oboe. You must take previous advice and advertise yourself , perhaps naked except for your helmet video on UTube ..................................

PS Yer mother says you are a very naughty boy............and your not going out tonight ..........

ogden 17-10-07 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulKiss (Post 1316052)
Thats the old fashioned way Jon.

Get your CV up on PlanetRecruit and Monster and let them come to you.

Amen. Last couple of jobs I've had were recruiters pulling my CV off Jobsite and matching me to a role. Sure, you get loads of irrelevant tat to filter through, but unless you're looking for a job as a forklift driver or secretary you're not going to find much of use with a local agency.

As to searching, I've never got a job I applied for myself, but applications via agencies have resulted in some other, more interesting, leads.

ASM-Forever 17-10-07 07:09 PM

Come and work for me, you can be my PA. :)

Mark_h 17-10-07 07:16 PM

what bit of IT do you do?

I'm looking for VoIP CS1k experts at the moment.

KnightRider 17-10-07 07:34 PM

I am a bit of an odd ball.

I basically work for the marketing team to determine what the needs of the business are and to then translate those requirements to the IT team. I also develop new business processes and role them out througout the business to ensure that the application is fully integrated into the daily lives of the users. The firm has 27 offices and as it is a partnership environment managing all the politics and getting the app used in every office is the tough part of my role!

My real problem is that I dont know what sort of roles I should be looking at. So far I am thinking that business transformation type roles would be the best fit but if you have any recommendations feel free to yell them out!

SDMF 17-10-07 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASM-Forever (Post 1316700)
Come and work for me, you can be my PA. :)

Shouldn't you be doing something useful, like organising the TVSF christmas dinner? :)

ASM-Forever 17-10-07 08:29 PM

LOL...is there one?

I reckon we should all go around Nick4's new gaff. I can christen the bedroom. :)

Warthog 17-10-07 08:58 PM

or we could have it in ASM's castle. Bagsy the East wing!