SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Scotch Piper and/or Hen & Chickens (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=114299)

Nobbylad 21-07-08 01:30 PM

Scotch Piper and/or Hen & Chickens

Does anyone here know of/go to either of these pubs on a Wednesday evening?

The Scotch Piper is in Lydiate and the Hen & Chickens is on the fringe of Aughton/Maghull.

Both apparently have tons of bikes on Wednesdays and are quite close to me....just wondered if anyone has been before?

stewie 21-07-08 02:49 PM

Re: Scotch Piper and/or Hen & Chickens

I work at Matalan in skem and hear the bikes going past us at a rate of knots till about 11.30pm, never managed to go there yet, apparently the hen and chickens gets a heavy police presence at times, so they all come down to skem to race around the pimbo ind est, sounds good fun

Speedy Claire 21-07-08 08:38 PM

I used to go a lot and yep the bike meets are a Wednesday night but I stopped going due to the heavy police presence. There`s been one or two fatal bike accidents at the Scotch Piper so the police are out in their numbers.

Damian 16-08-09 03:57 PM

Hi I know this is an old thread but its a lot better now, if any one wants to meet up at the scotch or hen/chick, then take a run up to Southport, in any order. I & my better half will be going. Please let me know thanks :)

Speedy Claire 18-08-09 06:46 AM

I might not be able to make this wednesday but will text you Weds day if I can make it :D

DaveP 18-08-09 07:24 AM

no go for me... have a busy evening this wednesday.

Dave

Speedy Claire 19-08-09 05:02 PM

Can`t make it.... my rear brake light is playing up. I`m in need of a new switch and am missing the spring thing from the brake lever

pineapple chunk 04-09-09 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy Claire (Post 2009409)
Can`t make it.... my rear brake light is playing up. I`m in need of a new switch and am missing the spring thing from the brake lever

Claire the spring opperates a pin that turns the rear brake light on/off you may only need the spring!

Speedy Claire 04-09-09 06:41 AM

Many thanks.... I think I`ll get away with the spring and give the switch a good blast of lubrication. Fingers crossed :D

Luckypants 04-09-09 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pineapple chunk (Post 2025377)
Claire the spring opperates a pin that turns the rear brake light on/off you may only need the spring!

Wrong spring mate, she's missing the pedal return spring, not the light switch spring.