SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Need a Van!!!! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=120239)

Stig 27-10-08 09:43 AM

Need a Van!!!!

Without going into proper detail,

I need a van to transport a particular persons R6 from a recovery place in Newbury to my house. I will not bother to go into detail here, but if there is anyone that can help (before Thursday) please let me know.

Cheers

Si.

flibble 27-10-08 09:46 AM

Re: Need a Van!!!!

You have pm

Stig 27-10-08 10:40 AM

Pm sent back Mari.

I got the details slightly wrong and I have more information.

The place of pick up is Culham. The place of delivery is my house. The bike has to be picked up before Thursday. Opening hours are between 9 and 5.30.

The bike will need to be lifted not wheeled.

If anyone can confirm assistance that would be very helpful.

Many thanks.

Si.

philbut 27-10-08 11:21 AM

I don't have a van but can help with lifting stuff if required Si. Its not too far from my place.

Phil

Warthog 27-10-08 12:11 PM

I might be able to lift etc, but depending on when you do it as I have work most of the time. :(

KnightRider 27-10-08 01:19 PM

If we can do it later in the day ie 5pm then I might be able to help with the carrying. Will need to know asap as I will have to change my working pattern on that day.

walkaboutandy 27-10-08 01:28 PM

I don't have a van but i have a box trailer that could take a bike (I think the trailer chassis was an ex-bike trailer as it has brakes and suspension), and a tow car. I can get there pretty easily from work but the earliest I can get there would be about 6ish. Can the bike stand up or would it be on its side?

Stig 27-10-08 01:43 PM

Update for everyone.

Mari & Dan have volunteered to help as they have a van. Currently waiting for confirmation that a, I have permission to take the bike and b, the van will be available.

I believe the permission thing will be nothing more than a phone call to the required person informing them of the pick up.

So just waiting for confirmation on the van availability.

I am also looking at the possibility of getting the deadline extended to the weekend. If this is possible it would probably help everyone out.

The place shuts at 12.30 on Saturday and is not open on Sunday, so if it were to be delayed until then, I'd be looking for help Sat morning. Andy, if I could list you down as a TSB, would that be OK? Would you be available at the weekend if needed? The bike has no front end attached and looking at the photos of it, it is currently lying on it's side. I see no reason why we could not sit it up right though. All it would take is a bit of manpower. So long as we have that, I can't see any issues.

KnightRider 27-10-08 01:51 PM

Definately available to help lift on Sat morning.

walkaboutandy 27-10-08 02:16 PM

Don't know what a TSB is but it sounds OK!

Yeah... I can be available Satdee morning and if your desperate I could leave early from work if it has to be during the week.

If its on its side it would be easier anyway as it can't fall anywhere - just need to double check that the trailer is wide enough.